PDA

View Full Version : QR Ain Khalid Gate-Dogs owners!!

blackbox69
10th Jun 2010, 05:29
Dog owners take care,

just received the information that the compound management and QR plans to have a dog "free" AKG! Phase II is already a dog free zone, now they wanna start slowly in the old part. 10 guys received a letter, some more will follow soon.

Many parents complained recently to the compound manager S.D. :mad: and to housing, there is a list with all "PROBLEM DOGS" in AKG.

Please take care of your dogs, dont let them use your neighbours garden as a toilet and please remove your dogs pooh from the street!!!!!!:=

Respect the rest time of your colleagues and make sure your dog is not barking, your family could be on your neighbours flight-and you wanna have a well rested crew for your family, right!????

As there was an incident with a kid last month use always the leash for your dog walk.

Dont give them any reason for further actions!

Because of some funny and stupid dog owners all of us have to suffer now.:ugh: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

loc22550
10th Jun 2010, 07:31
Thanks god i'm not living in Ain Khalid Zoo.:ooh:

BIGBAD
11th Jun 2010, 21:26
Dont worry, if they ban dogs there are quite a few Korean restaurants in Doha I can recommend to anybody looking for a new home for fido !

KRUGERFLAP
11th Jun 2010, 22:48
Ain Khalid Gate was ok in 2008,but now with people not from QR leaving in is too crowded.I wish luck for my friends who are still work with QR and living in AKG.

Jet416
12th Jun 2010, 01:52
Question: What if you might be employed with QR in a very near future and already have a dog? Please advise. Thank you.

B777p1
12th Jun 2010, 09:12
Stay far away from company compound. Even my family and specially our kids love dogs-we had to complain many times cuz of dog **** in front of our cars and entrance door (almost every day), dogs are playing in our plants in front of villa,.....

And the dogs are not only from non QR people, the compound is really like a big zoo!!! Even we are about 70% QR pilots in AKG compound there is no respect for each other.
Some pilots should rent a stand alone Villa if they want to have a party every weekend and like dog **** around.

All the best for you, stay far away!

A330 man
13th Jun 2010, 09:52
There will be no need to stay away from company compound if people respect other's need to rest in different time frame, and live like civilized families all over the world.
I know one family was kicked out from the small company compound near the airport due to their kids noise, guess here they were forced to go? AKG with their dog.:ugh:

Allow me to copy what was written in another thread, it describes accurately the condition of AKG "zoo".

Ain Khalid Noise

Actually the noise level is getting so annoying in Ain Khalid Gate compound.

With all due respect to dog lovers, many pilots are unable to get the required rest before flights.

The noise is distributed evenly to cover about 20 hours of noise per day as follows:

Screaming and playing children in the streets (from 16:00 till 21:00),party lovers (from 21:00 till 02:00 or 03:00), maids gathering for loud chats under our windows in the early morning hours with their barking dogs (normally starting at 07:00 after the kids are gone to school).

Many pilots lost their much needed sleep to operate safely a long night flight, and I personally witnessed many single pilot operations due to the sleep deprivation fatigue.

I know that many complaints were raised, and some warning letter were issued, but the noise continues and many pilots are still unable to sleep (even with ear plugs).

If you have to fly at midnight on a weekend, don't even try to sleep from 16:00 till 22:00 !! it is the peak noise level.

I am afraid a large scale problem will erupt soon in this compound.

alahaigaigai
13th Jun 2010, 13:30
To all those so called dog lovers, do you really think it is "human" treatment to have a dog in this extreme heat? If you really loved dogs you would never own one in Doha, unless you already owned it back home.
I am pretty sure that most of you are new dog owners that thought that caring for a pet is easy. Very soon you will discover that it is very very demanding. Especially when your children that made you get it in the first place get bored with them.
PLEASE think twice before you get a dog, and if my advice is worth anything DON'T make the poor animals suffer in these conditions.

Alcatraz69
14th Jun 2010, 00:41
alahaigaigai

Did you ask yourself the same before you posted this?

Do you respect yourself or family if they are here living with you?

BIGBAD

is it your wife who knows the Korean restaurants?

loc22550
14th Jun 2010, 05:41
Wise comment&advice Alahaigaigai.

blackbox69
14th Jun 2010, 07:58
Is always the same story with pets, its easy to get them but headache later on.
And specially dogs need a lot of training and attention. We have many dogs in AKG, and many stupid maids have to take care of the dogs, nobody shows the dog how to behave and what is right or wrong. A dog ssould be a famaly member, not just a toy!

We have a small dog, but I am not wondering about all the complaints.

Its the same with kids, when your own kids are nasty its ok, as soon as other kids are noisy you get crazy.

And I agree, it is a question of respect, maybe education as well!!

I have one question guys, what is the story with the koreans? I think chinese people love to eat dogs, am i wrong???

B777P1: you are right, some QR guys should move out as fast as possible and get a stand alone Villa, btw. its only 12000-14000 QR, so you can cover it with your housing allowance (you have to pay max 2000QR out of your pocket). Then you guys can do whatever you want.

And because of some guys-and most of them are QR pilots all of us get in trouble, and everybody hates dogs.

loc22550
14th Jun 2010, 08:15
Indeed..Chinese eat everything,any kind of animals is good when you have to feed more than 1 billion mouths: Beside the "traditional "meat,they also eat Dogs,birds,snake,cock-roach (plenty in Doh),worms...:ooh:

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 08:35
Do you not realise that you are living abroad? The German with his towel, the Frenchman and his Mistress, the Arab and his spitting - ALL part of the joys. An eclectic joy to behold.

So when you have finished picking on the dog owner, the parent, the party maker - all of which I am sure you are jealous of - lets get back to the bikinis. Far more interesting subject.

This is Doha; this is Qatar Airways - evolve :}

intaomri
14th Jun 2010, 09:32
If you are a parent you are into a full time job caring for your children plus
a part time job caring for a dog , so where is the jealousy here.
And what were you before evolving into a tramp , a dog **** collector.Guess what you can have your old job back at AKG. :confused:

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 09:37
And your point is?

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 09:44
Maids should not be allowed to post :O

intaomri
14th Jun 2010, 09:59
My maid is busy walking the dog .Are you happy now .

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 10:02
We should all work together. Purile coments are just that. Intamorri. Help me. I can't understand your point.

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 10:09
ealousy of what ? If you are a parent you are into a full time job caring for your children plus
a part time job caring for a dog , so where is the jealousy here.
And what were you before evolving into a tramp , a dog **** collector.Guess what you can have your old job back at AKG. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif
Last edited by intaomri : Today at 09:48.

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 10:13
I am a DSC by your way. Other jobs also :D

alahaigaigai
14th Jun 2010, 10:18
loc22550 thank you very much for your comment. I am glad that there is still common sense around here. All I wanted to point out is that amongst other things we have to respect the well being of the poor animals. I had no intend to offend anybody's family.

The Tramp
14th Jun 2010, 10:27
Arabs don't like dogs. They also don't like Non-dogs. We are the latter. :O

B777p1
15th Jun 2010, 07:05
We are expats, we are not in our home countries!

But we are pilots with some education, we are in the same situation. And AKG is more or less a pilot compound. Its not like a compound for the oil companies. So we have to work in different pattern, all of us need to rest. Nobody wanna send his family back home with a ****** up flightdeck crew.

All I am asking for is respect.

If somebody wanna party, fine
If somebdoy has a dog and dont wanna take care of his animal, fine

BUT DONT DO IT IN A COMPOUND, RENT OUR OWN VILLA OUSTIDE and far away form here!!! Nobody will complain about you, you can do whatever you like.

There are always 10% idiots making trouble for everybody! But AKG isthe headquater of funny people

intaomri
15th Jun 2010, 12:14
B777P1.
I think you are right and people should be conciderate enough to keep AKG a place to live in and not a palce for picnics .Of course there is this
TRAMP, who thinks you are jealous of the 10% you referd to.
Also do not disclose your nationality to the TRAMP , in case he comes up with some allegations against your people .

BIGBAD
15th Jun 2010, 21:11
I don't live in the compound and thankfully not because mr B777p1 would be upset with me if I

- have kids
- have maid
- have dog
- have car
- like to have friends around for party

enjoy

B777p1
16th Jun 2010, 19:53
I think you did not get the problems we are talking about.

Its not because people hates dogs, kids,.....

Its lack of respect for eachother.

Anyway, enjoy your private accomodation!

FlyingHigh330
18th Jun 2010, 16:54
Can't they ban those kids in the compound? Yesterday watching France - Mexico they left all there stuff in the cinema behind it was a mess!! And it is always a mess with those little ....:mad:

loc22550
18th Jun 2010, 17:07
B777p1, Flyinghigh330....
What you are talking about is called Civility:ok:.... unfortunatly not really widespread in this part of the world.:hmm:

kotakota
18th Jun 2010, 17:35
Ah ,the joy of compound living...........
Your dog/kids issue sounds like The Wave here in Muscat , seemed like a good idea at the time , 'luxury' accom ( God , those 'Show' houses and apartments look so good ,don't they ? ) now its mayhem , dog litter everywhere ( do these places attract dog-nutters ?) and kids ....oh , of course , parents want a 'community ' for their offspring. (ie somewhere their spawn are safe to behave like monsters and deafen somebody else ! )
Happiness is my own villa , no monsters , no mutts , and no problem sleeping for the dreaded night flights.

blackbox69
25th Jun 2010, 10:25
Sounds like AKG _Ain Khalid Gate in DOH!

To be honest, most of us have been despirtate to find a nice accomodation, rents have been pritty high outside company, we have been happy when they opened and offered us AKG, and it was really nice, in September 2007.
But unfortunately they opened PHASE II, opened the compound for non QR people as well.

And here we are again, even I am from a part of the world where we like to party, IT IS STILL A PILOT COMPOUND!

And even our own people and colleagues from QR are not able to respect there neighbours, keep the enviroment clean (waste, dog ****,...).

Lack of education and respect!

WOT TO DO!