View Full Version : Altara Interviews

LadyJ1
9th Jun 2010, 21:07
Hi Every One,

Just wondering if any one has info on how Altara handle Assessment Days.
Are they the same as Jetstar, Qantas, Virgin have their Assessment Days?
Any Info would be apprectiated.

Thanks

J:)

longtofly
10th Jun 2010, 00:36
Hi Lady J1 , i attended the altara interviews for SEQ casual cabin crew and it is similar from what i hear (haven't been to others). You are seated at tables of say 10 and given an overview/history etc. and then measured and 1 on 1 interview and then a few group activities followed by a basic questionairre. Very relaxed and lovely people. In the interviews they ask you of specific instances of where you have provided exceptional customer service, of where you worked in a team and the team worked well together and what you think made it work etc. Hope this helps a little.:rolleyes:

msmelbourne
12th Jun 2010, 06:48
If politically incorrect, please disregard and I apologise
Does anyone know the pay for Altara, Jetstar Casuals?

Sass_au
12th Jun 2010, 08:48
Hi,

Was just wandering what the process is with Altara/Jetstar?

Also, if you're attending next Friday's session at Qantas Training Center, let me know! :)

CruisyCabinChick
12th Jun 2010, 21:30
Hi,
I'm also attending this week.
Does anyone know how 'ruthless' they are?
VB and QF can be...

:eek:

courters
13th Jun 2010, 03:15
I am also attending the assessment day next friday in melbourne.
anybody know what the base salary is? also could a casual position possibly lead to full time work?

ilana182
15th Jun 2010, 06:49
It's casual so you only get paid by the hour. So the rate is $20 per hour, and you get a flying allowance of $10 per hour (when you're in the air), you also get $60 per day if you're on call.

There are rumours that the casual positions could lead to full time but a lot of those rumours have been shut down by "people in the know".

I don't know how "ruthless" they are ... I got through and am starting GS for SEQ next week. But I've been trying to get into the industry for 2 years. I don't know how many other people got through, but I think we calculated that about 300 people were at the initial RD's.

CruisyCabinChick
15th Jun 2010, 11:49
Hi,
Are you saying there were 300 people at one assesment day - before elimnation? That is a lot of people!

Or, was it over the course of a couple of days (ie. assessment days/recruitment days).

CCC:confused:

ilana182
15th Jun 2010, 22:26
Over the course of the 3 days...

courters
16th Jun 2010, 11:17
can anyone tell me if there is a role play component at any stage throughout the day?

ilana182
16th Jun 2010, 23:11
No, no role play.

paulii
18th Jun 2010, 04:35
hey all, sorry LadyJ for hijacking your thread but seeing as we are asking the same thing there wasnt a point in opening a new one :)

Just a few questions guys, i like many of you applied for casual CC with JetStar but only did so a few hours ago so still playing the waiting game haha, in the meantime, ive literally spent my entire day reading everything i can to familiarize myself with what to expect, work environment ect,

Just wondering what are my actual chances of being asked to come in for an assessment day being 18? Well 19 in July? i know none of you can answer this with certainty however i do have all those additional 'preferred' criteria such as:

a current and valid First Aid and RSA
Hospitality cert. 2 & 3
Loads of customer services experience ect.

Im hoping they work in my favour. Just stressing out at the fact due to not enough life experience they'll knock me back which will be devo but oh well.

I live literally less than 5 minutes drive from the airport, so hopefully they consider that an advantage on when choosing who to call.

Being only a casual position and from what ive read, we will most likely be called during busier periods throughout the year such as Easter, School holidays ect.
Is it worth having a second job in between the days i havnt been called in?

I know alot of you are gonna think im crazy but im also at university. I actually never go LOL, i just listen and do all my work at home. Only being a casual position i think with an effective time management plan i can accomplish both things.
Just shattered im giving up my very hectic, active social life, ( im such a club slut ) but i knew that full well before applying.

In reference to my social life and drug screening, are all illicit drugs tested for? I ask because im no angel, ive occasionally dabbled just for fun but prior to commencement they do a test and results turn positive for whatever reason, even minute, (despite abstinance) am i safe to assume employment will be immediately terminated? If so ill start a detox asap! ( mind you please dont think im an everyday user, far from it, just once every few weeks or months. ) And yes im well aware nowadays drug testing is randomly done, so of course i will not touch anything during employment :)

Sorry for draining it but they are pretty much my only concerns, im sure everything else will fall into place if its meant to be.
Thanks guys, appreciate it :)

courters
18th Jun 2010, 09:46
hooray!! made it through to the afternoon session of altara/jetstar recruitment today :ok: fingers crossed....
the assessors were very friendly and helpful all day long. wish it was more than just a casual position but hey its a foot in the door i suppose and you never knowwhere that may lead.

Wine Glass
18th Jun 2010, 11:43
Paulii,

thanks for taking the time to include your addled thoughts to this thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your post was NOT a p!ss-take, and that your questions are genuine.... :(

I'll happily don my flak jacket and helmet and state right now if your thought processes and values are in any way representative of cabin crew in ANY airline, then this industry is completely, irreversibly shot as a career.

Please, please update up here and let us know if you are successful and subsequently take up employment with any airline; that way I can ban my extended family, friends, colleagues, neighbours, taxi drivers, Joe the butcher and poor old Mrs Jenkins down the road who is senile and smells like urine from ever, ever setting foot in an aircraft that has the sad misfortune of having a person like you RESPONSIBLE for their SAFETY and WELL BEING.

For. Crying. Out. Loud.

paulii
18th Jun 2010, 21:24
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your post was NOT a p!ss-take, and that your questions are genuine.... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

Wine Glass, i fail to understand as to why my questions wouldn't sound legitimate and genuine? If they somehow appear to be ambiguous, then i do apologize.

I'll happily don my flak jacket and helmet and state right now if your thought processes and values are in any way representative of cabin crew in ANY airline, then this industry is completely, irreversibly shot as a career.

I was actually under the impression that by me conducting my own research prior, and taking it upon myself to educate myself with the different facets presented within this industry, i was at least showing a willingness and desire to learn.
I also fail to see how my current thought processes and values should make me re-evaluate my decision in this industry?
Its often noted that my maturity levels and wise thoughts surpass the fact im still in my adolescent years and conversing with me, you'll understand too.

Please, please update up here and let us know if you are successful and subsequently take up employment with any airline; that way I can ban my extended family, friends, colleagues, neighbours, taxi drivers, Joe the butcher and poor old Mrs Jenkins down the road who is senile and smells like urine from ever, ever setting foot in an aircraft that has the sad misfortune of having a person like you RESPONSIBLE for their SAFETY and WELL BEING.

I dont know if i should take offense or simply ignore such a closed minded statement.
I simply expressed that any use has been far and few in between. I was just concerned that if i somehow had a build up of illegal drugs in my system (despite months of no use) if the drug test is able to pick up any remnants and immediately disqualify me.

Jeopardizing the safety and well being of pax with full intention is disgustingly immoral and i wouldnt even consider such a position where im responsible for many lives.

i hope we have cleared up a few issues.

GoldCoast1
19th Jun 2010, 08:10
Seriously Paulii - I for one hope you don't make it.:ok:

ilana182
20th Jun 2010, 08:49
Paulii I agree with GC1 & Wine Glass. Don't even bother applying, you won't pass the drug test. Plus, they insist that you don't have a second job/life to juggle.

oli90
20th Jun 2010, 10:01
Paulii you won't get the job. Altara resources will see your lack of brain. Also, I am only 19 and got the job. But I think the ability to drop a pinger every month and living up to the "club slut" name as you call yourself doesn't quite cut it as life experience. But let us know if you make it in, good luck

ethan elios
21st Jun 2010, 01:40
Hi Folks,
I am QCCA longhaul and wondering what the hourly pay rate is for Altara and what kind of flying you get. Is JQ 4 sector days and nil overnights. Id appreciate any info you have re hourly rate and rosters. Thanks in advance. :ok:

kirisimasi
23rd Jul 2010, 01:10
I got the invitation for the Tuesday Assessment day. Can anyone tell me what to expect??

Am a little bit worry..:ugh:

Jennylee
23rd Jul 2010, 02:53
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Jennylee
23rd Jul 2010, 03:02
Hi kirisimasi,

I went to an assessment on Tuesday this week.

Firstly they seat you at tables of 8, and you have a one to one interview while you are waiting you chat amongst yourself and you fill in an application form and get your documents checked and your height measured.

After this has finished they have a short presentation on Jetstar pay atention cause you some of the presentation infor will be asked in the general knowledge test later.

After this you do 3 group activities. In the group activities make sure you actively participate as they are checking for communication and teamwork skills.

After the group activities you do a general knowledge test it is mainly multiple choice maths questions and some multiple choice qustions based on the earlier presentaion. Then you need to plot some jetstar destinations on an australian map.

after this they send you out to lunch and if you are successful they will call your mobile and you go back in the afternoon for another one to one interview with someone else.

It was such a relaxing fun day.... just be yourself!!!

i go through the whole day adn they are checking my references :D

Hope this helps

GoOD Luck!!!!!

OSCAR 2
24th Jul 2010, 07:14
Just wondering if jetstar has the same terms and conditions as tiger airways, as the same company is doing the recruitment for both airlines?

kirisimasi
26th Jul 2010, 01:04
Hi Jennylee,

Thanks for the info. It helps me alot this will be my first...

How many applicants attended,any idea??

Thanks for your help :)

Jennylee
26th Jul 2010, 01:18
Hi kirisimasi,

There were about 7 tables of 8 so 56 all up.

Then they chose around half to come back for the second half of the day.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Fly or Flying
28th Jul 2010, 04:29
Hi, I had the assessment in SYD on 20th of July..
by then, I haven;t heard anything yet.
It is a bit early but has anyone got an email or checked references etc??

Btw, does altara cut more candidate off on second interview???

Many thanks if somebody answers for it...:ok:

brendy_au
28th Jul 2010, 08:59
Hey mate,

Dont worry too much, They take forever to get back to you.. Just ask your references if they have been contacted.. And generally they contact only one reference after a couple of weeks.

courters
28th Jul 2010, 12:32
starting training in melbourne with brendy next week, we have our uniform fitting sunday afternoon.

just wondering what would be suitable attire for this day?
something fairly casual for a sunday afternoon considering it will be business attire for the rest of training...?

would appreciate tips from anyone who has done the training/uniform fitting before

:ok:

ilana182
28th Jul 2010, 22:23
couters we were told to wear smart casual for our flight down on Sunday afternoon. No ripped jeans! I wore nice jeans, a nice oversized tee and a jacket, with boots. NO open toed shoes ... shoulders must be covered.

Hamonrye
29th Jul 2010, 05:27
Hi there

Firstly, wow! I would never have thought you could get such great information about Altara interviews. A big thanks to those who have posted before: awesome job.

I have been invited to Altara's RD next Wednesday (Aug 4) in Brisbane.

My questions are pretty simple really:

1. I am 31, going on 32. Honestly, is age a factor in the recruitment process?

2. Should I wear a suit on the day?

3. Is weight a factor? I'm a pretty big guy, a little overweight, but nothing I can't get rid of quickly :). Honestly, does weight matter?

Any HONEST help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Mike

ilana182
29th Jul 2010, 06:11
Hey Hamonrye

I started with Altara/Jetstar and can tell you age is NOT an issue. There were a few ladies in our GS over 30 and one guy who was probably 40ish.

I'm not sure about weight. As far as my GS, everyone was pertty healthy, I'm a size 14 which is not too tiny for a girl, but when we tried on our uniforms they had much bigger sizes than that. Good luck!

courters
29th Jul 2010, 10:02
age is not a factor, im 30 :ok:

thanks ilana, very helpful, got an outfit in mind now!!

Flyaway88
29th Jul 2010, 12:46
Hi Hamonry/Mike,

I'm attending Altara/Jetstar RD on the 05th AUG, the day after you.

I'm glad you asked the question about age. I thought it may be a big factor. :{ I was only thinking about my application this morning and thought oh well, its been a couple of weeks and still no word. But then 1/2hour later my computer beeped and there was an invitation to attend RD in Brisbane next week on 05th AUG. :)

So good luck next week Mike :ok:, sorry I won't be on the same day as you.

Is anybody here attending the 05th AUG10 Assessment Day in Brisbane?

Also do you think its best to wear your hair up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks Again and Good Luck to everyone!

LadyJ1
29th Jul 2010, 14:54
Has anyone been successful for the Tullamarine Tiger crew? I want to know who Ill be training with and working with. :ok:

Between the stars
29th Jul 2010, 22:44
Hello everybody,

For a RD, it is best to wear a black suit with plain white shirt. For boys and for girls. If you don't have a jacket that is fine as long as you have the shirt and black pants or skirt.

No colored nail polish for girls and hair should be tied up if long and not much hair around the face.

Make up should be discret in earthy colors.

I hope That could help, I will attend the 3rd of august and I still haven't found anybody else who is going on the same day...

Jennylee
6th Aug 2010, 01:48
I heard back from the AD on the 20/7.

I am through to the next stage so medical and security clearance.

Anyone else get an email from the AD 20/7?

:)

Flyaway88
11th Aug 2010, 02:48
Well Done Jennylee! :ok:

Did you receive the e-mail on the 06AUG about your AD on 20JUL??? I went on the 05thAUG. Gives me an idea of how long they take.

Good on you again :D

angel14
13th Aug 2010, 01:29
Altara are advertising for Cabin Crew for Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast...Jetstar through SEEK.:)

Onboard PA
16th Aug 2010, 07:05
Has anyone who interviewed in the week beginning Monday 26th July - Friday 30th July heard from Altara on whether or not they have been successful to the next stage?

Sophia.mc.
17th Aug 2010, 08:40
hey jennylee, i was wondering if you could please help me?? i have been waiting for my references to be called for 3 weeks now!! by the looks of it it seems you got an email to confirm medicals etc. 4 weeks after your recruitment day.. do you know:
1. if they send you an email if you don't make it through to the next round?
2. how many people out of the 3rd stage got through?

thank you!!

Jennylee
17th Aug 2010, 09:18
Hi Sophie,

Only one reference was contacted and that was about a week and a half after the assessment day.

Im not sure if you get an email if you are unsuccessful sorry and im not sure how many people went through to medical stage from the assessment day.

How long ago did you do your assessment day?

Don't lose hope. :)

avigirl
18th Aug 2010, 12:52
Altara/Jetstar casual cabin crew training is ruthless and seems quite unorganised. If you escape with your self esteem in tact you will be doing well. All this for a job that doesn't even pay well, no benefits, nothing. :ouch:

digging the dirt
19th Aug 2010, 03:14
Hi everyone, i've been with Jetstar for almost 2 years and the training when I started was 6 weeks. This has now been cut to 3 week's so as you can imagine their standards have dropped. You will find once you start it will take a further 3 weeks to know your ding-dongs from your ping-pongs leaving us full-timers to pick up the slack. If you find crew a little stand offish don't take it personally.

Just take it upon yourself to ask if you don't know, otherwise you will find yourself reported. Believe me this is happening, once you've gaduated this doesn't mean youve passed. A little advice for you all.

Goodluck and hope to see you all soon:ok:

Between the stars
21st Aug 2010, 12:35
I was at the recruitment day on the 3rd in brisbane and I wonder if the rest of the applicants on this day have received their medical and asic email yet ???
I don't think any of my referees have been called yet, I am a little nervous...

Between the stars
22nd Aug 2010, 10:47
Onboard PA, what did Altara say when you contacted them ?

I hope our time will be coming soon... Keep our fingers crossed

ilana182
23rd Aug 2010, 01:09
I work for Altara/Jetstar and they told us our references would get checked the week after our interviews, but took more like a month. Just remind your references to let you know as soon as Altara have contacted them.

Sophia.mc.
23rd Aug 2010, 01:35
jennylee,

my recruitment day was on the 2nd of august. i rang altara the other day to check up on the situation with references and they have only just started calling references for SEQ so we will see what happens.

to everyone else who has recently been to a RD and are waiting for reference checks, when i rang altara they said that they are going down the list in alphabetical order.....my last name starts with m so i'll be right down the bottom, and they said that as they go down the list, if all reference checks cannot be contacted thats where it stops until that person can be contacted and then they take their time to work down the list again. its really silly....damn it!! oh well....hopefully they should be done towards the end of this week!!

trying not to lose hope as i want this REALLY bad!! :(

although it doesnt supply benifits etc. i want this job for the simple fact of getting my foot in the door..its casual, yes, but you are allowed as many days as you like, i feel that the job pays extremely well... $21 something on ground and an extra $10 when you are in the air, so i feel it's quite a good pay :) they do seem a tiny bit un-organised but thats how the bigger companies work....altara have actually had to recruit more people to do the reference checks as they cannot do it themselves. i dont mind waiting as long as i get the position in the end :)

LadyJ1
24th Aug 2010, 03:25
Hey guys, Just wondering if the Avalon based Tiger crew have started their training yet? If so, hows it all going? :O

angelfire
26th Aug 2010, 02:23
Hi all,
I did my assessment day on 5 Aug 2010 in SEQ and got through the whole day of assessment (to the 2nd interview that is when they called me back) however I am a bit concerned about the wait now as it is getting into 3 weeks without any feedback/letter of success and unsuccess/letter. They said at the assesment day that it will take them 2 weeks for reference checks though none of my references have been contacted.:hmm:
So has anyone else been on standby?
have Altara already chosen their candidates for medical and asic testing?
Or does Altara send letters of confirmation or unsuccessfulness.

I anticipate that there are many others wanting to know where they stand too right?
Any advise or information or news would be awesome :)
Thanks ya'll:)

Onboard PA
26th Aug 2010, 03:25
4 weeks and still waiting for a response for the Altara Jetstar contract. If references are not available why don't they email them first to see if they can talk? Just a polite suggestion.

Sounds like more staff are needed to assist.

I know they are busy but I wonder if anyone has walked away from the opportunity because, the initial process is taking too long and have been offered other employment?

Sophia.mc.
26th Aug 2010, 04:55
hey, have a look at the last post i uploaded as i rang altara and it explains all the details you were refering to :)

dont lose hope as i am still waiting to hear too, wont be long now, i'd say another week and a half at least as ground school starts end of oct/start of november.
xx

Jennylee
26th Aug 2010, 06:39
After my reference was contacted it took about 3 weeks to get e medical that I had progressed through to medical and security, so hang in there guys!!!

ilana182
26th Aug 2010, 23:41
I went for my RD in March, finally got a successful email in late April, and then was notified in June to start GS at end end of June. Don't stress, Altara are EXTREMELY busy at the moment, they can't even answer the questions of current staff let alone potential candidates. And you're right, they have recently employed more people to keep up. Sit tight. Good luck!

angelfire
27th Aug 2010, 01:43
oh ktl24, were you at the same a/d as me at marque hotel? well none of my references have been contacted yet that i know of so its making me nervous

ilana182 and Jennylee, so how is it working at casually as a hostess for jetstar if you dont mind me asking particulary with the demand of being as casual ? either way must be still must be still grand =p it seems as though you got through after weeks and weeks of patience right? thank you for assuring us though that they are 'extremely busy'

Ps. glad to know that there are number of us in the same boat ! :p

cammyjs
27th Aug 2010, 02:28
Hi everyone, I don't know about anyone else but I got invited to attend the assessment centre for JQ casual cabin crew in Sydney on September 10th.

Anyone else here got one too?

By the way, I have to say this thread has been very helpful to prepare for the interview. I just had a friend be sucessful in the last round of interviews so he has been able to give me an insight of what to expect.

leahmarie
27th Aug 2010, 08:10
hi everyone i was just wondering what the process is? assesment-reference check-security and medical? read something on one of the jetstar threads about a morning tea im guessing that just if its through jetstar not altara. im going to the assessment day on the gc on the 7th sept! anyone else? doing so much research!!

Sophia.mc.
27th Aug 2010, 12:41
i got mine too!! wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!

ilana182
27th Aug 2010, 21:40
My first month (this month) I had only 4 shifts which really got me bummed, but then the rosters came about for Sept and I have 10 flying days and 11 on call which I'm stoked with ... so it's good at the moment and will hopefully get even better with the arrival of new aircraft!

Sophia.mc.
27th Aug 2010, 23:10
they said that with the new aircraft coming in december and also christmas (obviously) we'll be on all the time as thats when all the full timers want time off, which will be great!! but i suppose the more experienced we get the nmore hours they will give us they know we can do it all on our own etc.

KTL - yeah!! we'll keep in touch for sure!!

ilana182
29th Aug 2010, 04:55
ktl24 there's only one approved Dr for SEQ and it's in the Brisbane CBD.

Between the stars
30th Aug 2010, 11:22
I start to worry, I can see that there are 2 persons who received an email for medical. Congratulations to you two !

None of my referees were contacted yet...
I can't figure out why some people didn't get their referees checked while some got the email for medical.

Are they many more persons like me who still haven't got their referees checked yet ?

:sad:

Onboard PA
30th Aug 2010, 13:08
Between the Stars I am still waiting for a response.

None of my references have been spoken to. I don't understand why they have not gone back and tried again or, emailed to see when they are available.

I am concerned too as training schools will be filling up and like you I am still in the dark.

After this stage there is still a medical and security check before being offered the job.

We were told at the AD training schools have been scheduled for September and October. Is that what everyone else was told?

My fear is if the next stage takes as long as this one it might be too late.:(

angelfire
31st Aug 2010, 02:58
ktl24, lets keep in touch yeah :) hahah same day same place? lol thats awesome.
I got my email about medical and asic too. ;)
and i guess its one more stage until its official :ugh:

Anyone from Brisbane on this thread btw?

keep your fingers crossed peoples

Is anyone from SEQ (Brisbane based preference) made the medical and asic stage?

elmira
1st Sep 2010, 09:04
Would anybody who has been successful on Altara interview, would say what kind of questions should we expected on their afternoon interview?
Any help would be appreciated.

Jennylee
1st Sep 2010, 09:36
In the afternoon interview I was asked the belwo questions:

Give an example where you have worked as part of a great team.

Which one of the Jetstar values appealed to me the most and why.

Why you want to be cabin crew?

what do you think the greatest challenge would be in this role?

what do you think you will like most about the role?

I cant remember all of the questions asked but above are most of them

leahmarie
2nd Sep 2010, 10:15
[Text speak]

Between the stars
5th Sep 2010, 02:35
I hope you have heard from them...
I contacted them and there is an issue with my visa. I didn't really understand why but they ask me to wait until they come back from the new recruitment days...
Let me know if you heard anything on your end

Onboard PA
6th Sep 2010, 00:03
No still haven't got an outcome and my references are not the issue. There isn't enough staff in the office. Emails I sent where not forwarded on or communited to the right person either. If you are still waiting keep calling to get an update on your application and stay in contact with the office if you have been waiting longer than 3 weeks. Remember to keep a note of when you called and who you spoke to. They can't remember everyone!

Sophia.mc.
9th Sep 2010, 10:58
im thinking yes haha oh well...at least we only have to wait for information this time and not an answer!

Jennylee
9th Sep 2010, 23:05
Hi ilana182,

So you got a position for Jetstar casual how it is goijng Im waiting on my final acceptance after the medical and Im concerned about the flying hours do you know roughly how many hours altara casuals are getting?

regards,

jennylee

ilana182
10th Sep 2010, 04:08
I wouldn't be worried. I was at first too but it's good. My first roster was horrible though, I threw a tantrum and everything I only had 4 days. But this month I have 10 flying days and 11 on call, and I've been called in most days. Good luck!

Jennylee
10th Sep 2010, 04:44
Thanks ilana182.

How are you liking it?What destinations are you flyign to is it varied and what was training like?

I am still worried cause I will be leaving a full time job for this.

cammyjs
10th Sep 2010, 08:27
anyone else here go to the Sydney assessment centre today?

ilana182
12th Sep 2010, 05:33
Yeah I'm loving it. Meeting lots of great people and the work is easy. Don't get me wrong though, GS was INTENSE lots of emotion and stress. In SEQ we fly to Launceston, Cairns, Sydney, Avalon, Newcastle, Adelaide, Darwin, Mackay, Hamilton Island & Proserpine, with Perth flights starting in Dec. But it depends on your base as to where you fly. It's not as if you get off the plane though LOL, although I have done a few overnights in Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney due to short staffing at those bases, but I don't think the overnights will continue. Don't worry - I left a full time job too and the first few months have been hard due to GS and a crappy first month, but the pay is starting to stabilise a bit now.

Sophia.mc.
12th Sep 2010, 10:33
ilana182, did you put down that you were available everyday for both bases? do you know if this gives you a better chance of getting flying hours??

Onboard PA
21st Sep 2010, 00:09
One of my references was called. They were told that the reference they were giving would most likely be for a position next year.

I guess my fear may have come true because, it has taken so long for references to be checked allocations for ground schools may have already been done for October as it is too late for Septmeber.

I think it may be time leave my details on file and move on. Good luck to everyone else who applied.:ok:

LadyJ1
21st Sep 2010, 01:35
Which airline are you waiting on? Jetstar?

Onboard PA
21st Sep 2010, 03:52
Jetstar...will still keep my fingers crossed incase.

KK1000
21st Sep 2010, 10:22
Dont be deterred by what they apparently said, massive recruitment and expansion going on. I guess you may have missed the boat for oct, then there are fulltimers going through in november, you may get in end of nov/early dec but they like ground schools to be finished by xmas. Even still, its great you got your references checked, hang in there its worth it

Sophia.mc.
22nd Sep 2010, 02:08
how long haver you been waiting for?
i have my interview in august and i've been put through to a ground school in october but i hassled them alot about the recruitment, dont know if that made a difference, but still, keep your hopes up, dont let it worry you

Courts1
23rd Sep 2010, 00:22
Hi guys, im starting GS on 11th October and I am SEQ based and I have noticed a couple of people have posted comments on here about the lack of hours/shifts you receive from Altara. I am leaving a full/time secure job for this and am now quite concerned that I am not going to get adequate hours?? Also, do you get paid an ‘overnight fee’ if you have to do an overnight? Any feedback would be great?
Also, anyone else starting GS on 11th October??

ilana182
23rd Sep 2010, 01:12
Hi Courts

If you read back you'll find that at the start the hours weren't ideal but they've now picked up.

They also detailed overnight allowance during the recruitment. You get $110 a night if you overnight, which isn't very often.

GoldCoast1
23rd Sep 2010, 02:51
Courts1,

Remember this is a casual position, you need to be able to live on the minimum wage (15days per month), with all the recruitment for SEQ hours will mostly likely be minimum.

hope that helps
GC1

Sophia.mc.
23rd Sep 2010, 05:56
hey courts1 i'm starting GS on 11th oct too

natjayne
23rd Sep 2010, 06:25
Me too! See you both there!:D:O

Courts1
23rd Sep 2010, 06:29
[Text speak]

Courts1
23rd Sep 2010, 06:31
Thanks GC1. Hopefully the shifts pick up come peak time!

SilverSkye
23rd Sep 2010, 11:47
Hey there Ktl24,

I attended assessment on 5th of August in Brisbane and I guess we're both in the same boat. I've also spoken with Altara a number of times and yes they've always been extremely helpful. I'm starting to feel bad for my constant follow up and starting to worry about the status of our application. I've also made it through my reference check with only an update via email that I have been successful to the next step which is the health and asics check with further instructions and dates to be expected. This email was received at the end of August with no further advise up till now.
:confused:

LadyJ1
28th Sep 2010, 00:32
Anyone starting with me next monday the 4th for Tullamarine Cabin crew? I havent found anyone yet and I doubt I'll be getting trained by myself.

joesan
28th Sep 2010, 05:02
Hello, I had the assessment in Gold Coast on 7th of Sep.
by then, I havent heard anything yet from altara.
It is a bit early but has anyone got an email or checked references etc?
I am very worrying..:rolleyes:

does altara cut more candidate off on second interview??:bored:
Many thanks if somebody answers for it:ok:

ocharovashka
6th Oct 2010, 02:22
I recieved email, that I passed first stage of interview, they didnot said when will be second stage of interiew. I live in Sydney. Anyone recieved the same emails. When will be second stage interiew?

LadyJ1
6th Oct 2010, 08:08
If the email was from Altara.. it just means that when an interview does come up, you have already passed the first stage and that it is a little easier for you. Now you just have to wait until a recruitment day comes up... I am sure Jetstar will be hiring more sooner or later.

Goodluck!!

angelfire
14th Oct 2010, 02:32
Hi all,

Is there anyone attending ground school at the gold coast on 1 November?

shellyoung88
14th Oct 2010, 06:42
Hey everyone!!
anyone attending GS for SYD on the 15th of November?

ilana182
17th Oct 2010, 22:06
Hi ash.1111

For SEQ there's been two GS go through already, theres one happening at the moment and will be another two more after that in Nov/Dec.

Emak8040
18th Oct 2010, 04:22
Hi Shell I'm attending GS in Syd Nov 15th! What interview day were you at? Maybe we've met? E x

GoldCoast1
18th Oct 2010, 04:35
Hey,

is that full time GS or casual?

Emak8040
18th Oct 2010, 04:45
ground school is full time

shellyoung88
18th Oct 2010, 10:28
Hi Ema,

YAY!! I attended assessment day on Friday the 11th of September. When was yours?

GoldCoast1
18th Oct 2010, 11:05
soz,

meant is GS for a fulltime job or casual?

GC1

GoldCoast1
18th Oct 2010, 11:17
hey, maybe you can asnwer my question: :confused:- is the GS for Nov 15th for fulltime positions with JQ or casual through Altara??????????

cheers

Emak8040
18th Oct 2010, 12:34
Shell, I went to the one the day before yours on the Thursday.

Becks, congrats!

I was wondering if the Sydney portion (first week), are we staying overnight at the airport in some accommodation or going home at the end of each day? Anyone know?

PS
Ground school is for the Altara casual positions not fulltime Jetstar

tinkerbell200
18th Oct 2010, 22:35
Sydney portion of training you go home at the end of the day....believe me the training in Melb where you stay in the hotel you'd wish you could go home...
In Melbourne you need to buy your own food and the rooms don't have microwaves.....GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL IN THE NOV GS....it's a great job.

Tink:)

Emak8040
19th Oct 2010, 06:38
oh no, no microwaves? Is it shared rooming 2 or 3?

guess 2 minute noodles are a no go!

Whats the accommodation like, is it near shops or anything at all? I'm picturing nothing but an airport in the vicinity of 30km.

ilana182
19th Oct 2010, 20:06
You get your own room. The only thing over the road is BP and McDonalds. They take you to Coles on your first/second day to stock up on groceries. I would have cereal for breakfast, cheese & vegemite sandwich and yoghurt for lunch, and for tea I started off having tabouleh & tuna but got sick of it pretty quickly and ended up walking over to the terminal to buy Healthy Habits or sushi most nights.

LadyJ1
19th Oct 2010, 20:55
Hey there.

That email just means you will get a call when the airlines decide that they are hiring again.

shellyoung88
20th Oct 2010, 08:14
starting to get exciting!! does anyone no what time we fly home from melbourne on the fridays?

ilana182
20th Oct 2010, 22:14
You won't know til the day because it all depends how many seats are available on what flights etc. P.S. You only go home once. You stay over the weekend.

shellyoung88
21st Oct 2010, 00:26
oh cool thanks!!
work clothes for the training? soo many questions..

Emak8040
25th Oct 2010, 11:02
Hey Shell,

I'm in the same boat as you so not speaking from experience. BUT, they said in the email that at Sydney we'll be wearing office wear/formal and then in Melbourne they will take us for uniform fittings on the first day so we'll wear them the whole time in Melbourne.

ilana182
26th Oct 2010, 01:30
Your uniform fitting is on the first day but they take a week or so to be ordered and arrive, they don't just have them sitting there. We got ours on the last day of Ground School.

shellyoung88
29th Oct 2010, 05:00
yeah.. i havent really heard anything more from them! i sent all my paper work back in and they said to head to the crispy cream place at the airport on the 15th but do you think there will be any other form of confirmation as to what we need to take and things like that?

Emak8040
31st Oct 2010, 12:47
Hey Shell, I got the same email re krispy creme on that monday. They rang m last week chasing up my first aid which I had to fax to them again, but that was it. I guess we'll just wait and see. I have no idea what to bring with me or what to expect either!

KK1000
2nd Nov 2010, 07:59
its like your going to class. just wear neat office clothes and adhere to the grooming in the manual (I think you get your photo taken for your ASIC on first day so do nice makeup), bring stationery, a notepad and maybe a folder to put your booklets and stuff you will get. thats pretty much it. first day you dont do much just get all your manuals, orientation to the company, meet people and do a test etc. Have you got your booklet in the mail with the things to study? I dont think you will get any other sort of confirmation aside from that. Did they tell you about parking? you park in the long term carpark and get the bus over, make sure you leave atleast half hour to be safe and arrive on time, then they get you to fill out a form when your in class and when your leaving the carpark you go to the boomgate give them your ticket and the form and they let you out. (but i may be wrong, got bad memory). see you in the crew room

Emak8040
3rd Nov 2010, 13:52
Thanks KK1000 for the tips. Nothing in the mail yet but I'll keep a look out, especially as we're doing a test on the first day!

g1601
16th Nov 2010, 09:49
Hi has anyone received an email about AD in Sydney?

carmi.chan
27th Nov 2010, 10:00
Hey guys,
Has anyone heard about Melbourne interviews for jetstar?
I received an email at the beginning of the month saying interviews will begin for Melb and syd as if 6th December and that they'll let me know when but still haven't heard anything yet

dy1ng_to_fly
30th Nov 2010, 00:16
Send them an email. I got an invitation last Monday to attend on Thursday the 9th for Melb (yay!!)

carmi.chan
6th Dec 2010, 10:31
Hey I got the email to attend on the 9th aswell!!! Yay!!!!!
sooo nervous noww though

Tony.S
7th Dec 2010, 10:27
Hey, can anyone working for Altara say how many hours per week and how much pay you get per week usually? Do you get a reserve roster every month with allocated reserve duties? Thanks guys

jus_syd
13th Dec 2010, 09:26
Anyone got reference checked from 7th DEC casual jetstar SYD base assessment day?
:ugh:

differentsilver
20th Dec 2010, 09:48
Jus syd
I had my assessment day on the 6th DEC for casual Jetstar SYD base, I am also waiting to find out about the reference check.

jus_syd
21st Dec 2010, 00:29
[TEXT SPEAK]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

ilana182
21st Dec 2010, 04:53
I work for Altara. Roster and pay is monthly, at the moment we're doing about 80 hours a month, pay is about $2000 a month but some bases might be higher. You get "on call duties" of 12 hours and airport standby's of about 6 hours, if that's what you mean, but it's mainly flying.

sonic22
21st Jan 2011, 06:29
Hi
I have my altara assessment day in Sydney, NSW on 1st of February 2011 and I'm wondering if anyone has any sort of advice regarding this.
I received an email and it was quite vague on the dress code, what we would do on the day etc.
If anyone has any tips please leave a reply!!

Thanks in advance :)

Ausgirl78
3rd Feb 2011, 11:27
Does Altara offer any benefits. ie : staff travel with other airlines? I'm assuming as it is a casual position they don't offer maternity leave etc.

LadyJ1
3rd Feb 2011, 11:41
No benefits at all.

missy_ange
4th Mar 2011, 03:21
Hey everyone :)
I got an email from Altara on the 26th of Febuary for melbourne base
Has anybody else applied for casual cabin crew for Jetstar with Altara?

cptn caveman
22nd Mar 2011, 11:01
Hi I got an email from them too but not sure how long until the assessment day will be and have just got an email from Tiger to go to their assessment day and I would rather work for Jetstar but dont want to wait and then maybe miss out. Hmmmm

sassy66
24th Mar 2011, 01:48
I too am still waiting to hear when the next round of Jetstar Altara interviews will be. I received an email on the 19th of Feb but have still not heard anything. I hate waiting but I know I have to be patient..anyone else still waiting to hear about Sydney interviews?

Jacs88
13th Mar 2012, 12:22
Hi all,

This has been very helpful and interesting to read.

I have been invited to attend the assessment day on Friday, 16 March.

However after reading all this I am feeling maybe I dot want to go...

Few questions:
1. On the application it said desirable height 163cm... Are they strict on this? As I am 162 and Qantas knocked me back for being to short.
2. I have completed my RSA in 2007 and need to re do this as I have left it to late to do the refresher. I am booked in for Sunday, do they care if you are attending after the interview?
3. Is red nail polish ok?
4. I was knocked back from Virgin in the last round for laughing to much and being to smiley... Which is ridiculous if you ask me so I am ready and aware not to drop my guard for a second.
5. Are casual hrs really that bad? I have a credit card and a loan to payback...

Thank you for your help!!!

cc_skyqueen
13th Mar 2012, 12:29
If QF knocked you back for your height I can only assume JQ will do the same also as they are owned by Qantas.

I am interested in what Virgin said... Did they actually tell you
'No because you smiled and laughed too much?'

Someone asked above about casual work.... I am not a casual but I know they get 0 staff travel, 0 mat leave and no international work either.

I wouldn't even count on getting domestic overnights as it is cheaper to send a full timer.

I also found a lot of the 'older' CMs were very harsh on the casuals just for being 'altara' crew.

ilana182
16th Mar 2012, 06:34
Jacs88:

1. Might as well try, I've seen lots of short flighties!

2. No they don't mind, as long as you tell them, and if you're successful you just provide them with the new certificate as soon as you can.

3. Don't ever wear any nail polish to an interview!! Or jewellery!! (Wearing a watch is a good idea though - nothing too blingy or trashy)

4. No one ever knows what they're looking for. My personal opinion is not to attract too much attention to yourself, but don't stay a quite little mouse either. Just be yourself!

5. Casuals don't get any benefits, but the higher hourly rate makes up for it. In saying that, you can have busy months and quiet months! Everyone seems to survive though.

Rocky181
2nd Apr 2012, 19:45
Got an email from Altara for jetstar saying I passed the online test so I have to wait for a AD to be announced...Not sure if to be happy as I don't hear(or in this case, read) good reports from a benefit point of view. I'm certainly not interested to do this job for financial rewards but I certainly don't want to go broke. Also, how can they not offer travel benefits like others, including MAM is beyond me. I think that part of the work we all want to do is also the benefits that come with the job and if I don't get travel discounts like other airlines offer, then what's the point? All i want is working a good number of hours (35 to 40hrs if possible)with a decent wage and some benefits like airfare discounts. I read a few posts ago where someone is getting $2000 a month. I hope that's after tax?
Can someone set me straight and tell me I am all wrong with my opinion?
Cheers!!

Cross_check
4th Apr 2012, 09:34
Hi Everyone, just to help out with some information.
Firstly drug testing.. All airline cabin crew are drug tested prior to employment, a medical as well as dental x-rays. Most of this is usually done at your expense. Remembering drugs last in the system over different periods depending on dosage as well.. I have never taken drugs so it is never a worry for me. However I knew of a ground handler that was wound up and asked to resign due to a positive drug test. Please keep in mind that part of the terms and conditions of employment it states that you are subject to radom testing. It can occur at any time and depending on the policy a fail does not at times means a loss of job.. Sometimes it is more along the lines of a warning process and possibly end up with them referring you to help to get over your drug use...

As for benefits now days there are sometimes no benefits. What may happen is that staff hired on one contract will have this this and this.. you work the same job, same times and even share the double jump seat.. and you could have different benefits etc. Subject to how your hired and under want agreement. I presume Altara recruites are hired under Altara under contract to airlines so you may not actually be working as an employee.. Not sure but that is the way I look at it.

Heights - there is a minimum and depending on the airline there may be or may not be a height limit. If your on the shorter side you may be small for the jets such as A320 or 737, 767 A380 etc etc but you may be the ideal height for the Rex SAAB 340 aircraft or Qantaslink Dash 8's. Just ensure you apply to the correct division of Qantas if you are going along the Qantas Dash 8 path.

As for height - I feel if there is enough room for you to work/stand in the aircraft you should be fine.. however some airlines do have a height maximum. I understand the Boeing 767 has a galley that narrows in height.. but never worked on one so I would not know.

Training - Depends on the carrier. Sometimes you may need to go to a training center interstate but this would be arranged by the airline. I understand that there is only one A320 cabin simulator and it's in Melbourne. Qantas does have an awesome centre in Essendon that has a pool area to simulate storms etc, a 737 cabin simulator, chutes and a chute training platform, as well as door simulators and classrooms. (Got a tour a little while back)... Also worth a look is the museum next door...

Some things to expect... if you think training is cruisey.. Its not.. I have heard that you can fail and be asked to leave during training with some airlines. Put your life on hold. No pub on Saturday night - I would concentrate on your training. Remember that if you go on line you are still asked safety and security questions during staff briefing and you will be stood down from active duty if you fail these questions.

There is a bit of chat about meals on board. Some do some dont.. I have eaten in my day crew meals from a LCC. It contained a roll with ham and cheese, a bottle of water, a chocky and a cookie... I would rather take my own but remember taking fruit interstate in Australia can result in you getting fined. Eat your fruit ASAP and enjoy it.

RSA's... just did my NSW RSA today... apparently in NSW they last for 5 years and whilst this ruling has come in recently, apparently you could be asked to resit the whole course until such time they decide if they are going to create a bridging course or not. In NSW apparently you will receive confirmation on the day if your sucessful and in the email you get a certificate that you have to then make an appointment with Australia Post, and eventually after providing 100 points of ID you end up with an RSA card being sent to you. By law you would need to carry this with you at all times working as crew. Maybe put it in your ID tag box that allows you to store multiple cards all together.

Hope this helps... like I said most is here say.

Rocky181
4th Apr 2012, 17:57
Hey CrossCheck
I normally stay away from long reads in forums but may I say it was well written and informative. thanks for taking the time.
One thing though and it could be a silly question, but what is the dental xrays for?

ilana182
5th Apr 2012, 05:59
Someone told me that dental xrays are for if something happened, they could identify you. Correct me if I'm wrong though because it sounds a bit melodramatic.

spaniel77
14th Apr 2012, 09:41
Hey guys,

This may be a little off topic, but it is Altara related let me assure you.

I'm attending an assessment day for China Southern's Sydney based Int Crew and was wondering if anyone knows anything...as in anything about the day.

I'm gathering that it won't be too far from what has been discussed here, in terms of what happens during the day.

What I need to know is conditions, pay, staff travel and all that jazz.

Any information would be so much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

And good luck to everyone who's been invited to GS. Have a great time!!!:ok:

Vane01
16th Apr 2012, 04:35
When is your assessment day?

spaniel77
16th Apr 2012, 13:54
Tomorrow.

It's kinda weird that no one's really talking about this since they're rapidly expanding. This is the second round in Sydney and soon they'll be hiring for Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. 13 crew have just gone through and 22 from Holland. They have French crew, Korean and Japanese.

I can't find anything on the net about their conditions and that's all I'm after.

Anyway, good luck to me tomorrow and anyone else on this forum who might be going in the next three days...

Vane01
16th Apr 2012, 14:24
Yep true there is not a lot of info. But it should be fine. I'll be there tommorrow too!!! But as they say have fun on the day. I used work for the ground crew company that had China Southern and I think the market in Oz is quite new so that is why there is not much info about anything. Well I guess we will find out a bit more tommorrow. Good luck also to anyone going in the next few days :D

Rocky181
18th Apr 2012, 09:39
I am still weighing up if working for Jetstar thru Altara is a good option. I read what crosscheck wrote...very well done. I guess what gets me that there aren't no benefits like discount airfares. MAM provide that. I am also worried the part time aspect. I'd hate to think that I only get something ridiculous like 10hrs per week. I would be happy with 40hrs or there abouts. I'd hate to be going broke to follow a dream.
I'd like to read more experiences if anyone else wants to share.

Cabin_girl
19th Apr 2012, 01:44
Rocky181,
I agree with you. I am currently waiting for AD and I hope thats where I will find out all the important information about rooster, hours, overnights. I heard from ex altara crew that Altara is more flexible then other airlines, but I could be wrong and would like hear from others what is it like working for them. My biggest thing is overnights, do we get any as I prefer to do only day trips.
Can someone tell us? :)

spaniel77
20th Apr 2012, 03:56
Anyone get through the CZ Altara Assessment day???
What are the conditions like?

Vane01
20th Apr 2012, 08:33
No didn't get through but not upset trying for other places. Did you get through? Can't really tell what they were going for but the assesors were nice. But I'm not sure it's for me. I guess I'd like domestic more or maybe a different airline. I've done ground crew maybe go back into that but I wouldn't mind flying. How did you find the experience?

Rocky181
24th Apr 2012, 13:40
I got asked to go to the AD next week...Any one else been invited? that's in Sydney.

CCrew Wannabe
25th Apr 2012, 02:31
Hey, has anyone who went to the Jetstar/Altara AD's in Sydney in February heard anything back as yet? I had my references checked, was asked to get my RSA and First Aid Certificate, but haven't heard anything in about 5 or 6 weeks now...would they perhaps just be waiting for another GS to open up? I imagine they would let you know if you're successful or not either way wouldn't they?

Well done Rocky181! It's a pretty enjoyable and informative day - the assessors are very friendly and DTE, just be yourself and you'll be fine!

Rocky181
25th Apr 2012, 04:45
CC Crewanabee... you got asked to get your certificates yet haven't heard if you passed? I have certificates but are old and need renewal. I don't want to renew them if I am not going to go through. I'm going but something I am not comfortable with Altara. Will give it a go anyway.
Cheers!

Ayu
25th Apr 2012, 13:42
Hi Rocky181..I'll be in AD next week as well. What day you ll be in?

cc tryhard
27th Apr 2012, 22:03
Hi,

Im going to the AD in Newcastle on Monday 30th April.

Anyone else going?:)

CCrew Wannabe
28th Apr 2012, 02:46
Yeah Rocky181 was asked to get my RSA and First Aid, and am glad I did...got the Golden Call this week!!! Ground School commences in June! Can't wait! Anyone else doing a GS in June for Altara/Jetstar Casual for the Sydney base?

Ayu
30th Apr 2012, 05:36
Congratulation Ccrew Wannabe..!!
I've got asked for AD on wed, 2 may.. nervous!!

Rocky181
3rd May 2012, 05:21
Hey Ayu
I did the Thursday AD.. How about you?
Well more information from the AD for those who want to know.
Not sure if MAM do this but with Altara, your ground school training, for a month is also considered an assessment phase and you don't get paid for it. A few of us, and I'm sure others that I didn't get an opinion, were a little concerned to have to, perhaps give up jobs and not get paid for a whole month or for how ever long this training was.
Anyway after them telling me that I should inform all of my referees to expect a call, I have just received an email saying I was unsuccessful. I wish they would not have asked me to inform my references to expect a call until they decided cause now I got to let them know otherwise.:D:rolleyes:
In the end I think they have made the decision for me as I was never comfortable with Altaras T&C's. I'm sure that because Jetstar is a cut-price business, their contractors costs have to be really low. This place, I know I'll never apply for again.
Cheers!

copa
6th May 2012, 23:28
Hi Everyone , Im just new to this forum . I attended the Jq /Altara ad in Newcastle on the 30th . Has anyone been offerred a position yet ? Its only been a week but its a long old wait :)

olivesandchese
7th May 2012, 07:44
Hey everyone :)
Is anyone else going to the recuitment day next week for jetstar Melbourne base?
And does anyone know what is involved in the General knowledge test?
Starting to get really excited!

Rocky181
7th May 2012, 11:07
Olivecheese...the knowledge test is a bit of maths like how long a is the flight from Melbourne to Adelaide if they leave at this time and arrive in ADL at this time considering they are behind half & hour. Some geography knowledge on Australian ports... Nothing difficult.

olivesandchese
7th May 2012, 13:34
Thanks rocky!

cc tryhard
7th May 2012, 22:34
I Attended but didn't get the call to go back after lunch...how was the Interview and wat were the terms and conditions of employment

Kodey
15th May 2012, 04:54
Hi everyone,
I have recently got an email from Jetstar/Altara saying that 'your application is through to the next stage of our recruitment process. This email is to notify you that we may be contacting you next week to conduct a short phone interview'.

Just wondering if anyone has received the same email or had recently had the phone interview, I would love to get some advice.
Thank you in advance :ok::ok:

olivesandchese
16th May 2012, 06:07
Hey Kodey,
I had the phone interview last fortnight. They asked me if I had worked in shift work before, if I could get to Avalon within 90 mins, then a few questions about scenarios to do with customers like difficult times I have had to deal with a customer and what was the outcome etc. that's all I really remember it was easy, and luckily I passed! They email you about a week later to let you know.

danieldeakin
20th May 2012, 11:11
So it's final, I don't think I'll ever be able to become a Qantas/Jetstar cc member. I'm 3cm too tall. :{

I keep applying on the altara resources website and keeps rejecting my application. And the only thing I can see that is standing in the way is my height. :(

I wonder why Virgin has different height restrictions to Jetstar.

shana
30th May 2012, 01:30
Hi ,
I recently went for an interview with Altara , They told me that they would get back to me within 8-10 days , I am yet to hear from them . I told them that I would not be available to start in June. Is it possible they have put my application on hold? Any insight on this matter would be a great help

Thankyou,
Shana

jaycintay
31st May 2012, 14:24
Hi shana,

Who was Altara doing the recruitment on behalf of? Jetstar? And has it been over 10 days? I recently had an interview with Altara too but for tiger and I found out on the day before I even left if I got it or not and the next day they were in contact about ground school, so I'm not quite sure maybe the process is different for different airlines? But id say that they are probably waiting for the next ground school and keeping you for that, but in any case they should have let you know. I'd definetely recommend calling them though just in case, when I was staring out I used to call Altara and harass them all the time even if I didn't get an email back after sending in my resume.. So it's worth a shot :)

amcsc008
11th Jun 2012, 05:27
Hey FURTA123
The assessment day is very structured
First you are put into groups of around 8-10 people
Your assessors check your paper work and then your height is measured
After this you are then required in your group to give a 90 spiele on yourself as to why you think you would make a good cabin crew member. Sounds easy but there are a few things you aren't allowed to mention in the 90 seconds for example ' I've wanted this job since I was 5yrs old'

After this you do a group activity for example it may be making a shape out of something or coming up with an idea that relates to the airline. Again sounds simple but they throw little things In to make you think more.

While all of this is going on you will have your assessors watching you.

After the group activity you then do a basic knowledge test. The questions are multiple choice and you get around 10mins to complete both sides of the paper.

After you've finished you are then Required to leave the assessment day. Those who are successful through the first half of the morning will receive a phone call and are required to come back for the second half of the assessment day in the afternoon.

They run through the T&Cs with you regarding the airline then you are taken for a one on one interview that goes for around 10-15mins. They may ask you questions regarding certain situations you've been in and how you dealt with it at the time.

It's a little nerve racking but everyone including the staff are very nice and relaxed. Be yourself, be confident but not over confident. Encourage others ideas in your group activity as well as throwing out some ideas of your own. Don't be afraid to go up and introduce yourself to others who will be attending the assessment day as well.

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

amcsc008
11th Jun 2012, 06:09
Hi all,
Is there anyone who attended the SEQ assessment day last week had any of their referees contacted yet:)

flyboi80
18th Jun 2012, 05:46
Hey there, Can anyone tell me the what the pay is like for Jetstar with Altara and how many hours a month you fly? Cheers
;)

JacintaMerri
19th Jun 2012, 10:32
Can anyone tell me whether there's a Cabin Crew base in Darwin?
I've had a look around but i can't seem to find anything

amcsc008
21st Jun 2012, 09:09
Hey Mcha1690,

You should have recieved an email a few days after your phone interview. I attended the SEQ assessment day. I got through the whole day, was interviewed and then advised they would be in contact 7-10 days to let us know the outcome. Two and bit weeks later I haven't heard a thing......so I'm waiting and waiting:p

Disco29
27th Jun 2012, 06:17
Mate, don't worry.

Just put in the height that is the maximum on the website when you fill in the form.

They measure you on the day anyway. I was over the limit and all I had to do was go to the airport and step on board an aircraft to make sure I didn't hit my head. I am 186 and I was fine.

Have another go and good luck!

TightSlot
14th Jul 2012, 07:59
PPRuNe and specifically this Forum are NOT, repeat NOT Social Networks (Facebook IS an example of a social network, as are MySpace and Google Plus+).

PPRuNe is intended for use by Airline employees seeking to exchange useful information and this forum exists for Wannabes to do the same.

PPRuNe is NOT intended for the exchange of excited chatter, expressions of goodwill and hope, messages about Private Messages or any of the other rubbish that has recently been polluting these threads.

These threads are a source of valuable information to those applying for jobs: Forcing others to have to wade through pointless and idle chatter relevant to only those involved to get at the necessary information is unfair, and a selfish act by those involved and will result in immediate sanctions being taken.

Sparkle123
24th Jul 2012, 17:23
Hi
I am attending the assessment day in the next few weeks and am a little worried about my height. In my application I selected the minimum height, being 163, but have just measured myself and think I fall 2cms short of this. Does anyone know how strict Altara is on this? Has anyone been to an assessment day and been/saw someone with this problem?

Also the talk of hours is from a while ago..can anyone currently working casually for Altara tell me what your hours are like now?

Thanks for your help

Chatterboii
31st Jul 2012, 03:41
Hey everyone

I attended an ad a couple of weeks ago for MEL based crew. I have now had all my refs called and going through the next process of doing medicals etc.

I was talking to them yesterday and unfortunately can't make the September ground school, but they said that they had it noted in my profile that I eventually wanted to make the move to SEQ. I have now been put into the ground school for there later in the year which is fine with me. I however have no idea of where they are flying to, or where they do their overnights etc.

Also, I can't remember what they said about the training, seeings how I will be going to the ground school from interstate, will altara provide accommodation in Melbourne/Sydney for the whole time? Or is that an expense that we have to pay? Also the flight to and from SEQ to MEL?

Also I would have been moving to melbourne from Adelaide. But am now moving to SEQ from Adelaide.

Thanks heaps

scottie380
9th Aug 2012, 00:32
can anyone advise if casual tiger altara crew have any sort of bidding system? like preference for am/pm shifts?

Tashopeful
28th Dec 2012, 05:31
Just wanted to see if anybody out there is on Active Hold with Altara casual for Jetstar?

I attended the assessment day in late November in Melbourne, and have had references checked and received the email to say that I will be requested to complete Medical and Security Screening, but just wanted to see if anybody knew roughly how long it would take until I would need to do so?

I understand it's the holidays, and lots of staff would have time off over this period, but it would be nice to know if anybody else was in the same boat.

Chocolate thunder
28th Dec 2012, 11:11
Hi tashopeful
Was booked in for February GS in seq had completed all security and medical requirements and recently told GS postponed and nowput on active hold, so ready to go now feel like in limbo, give them a call recruiting will talk to you good luck hope all goes well

Catee
6th Jan 2013, 14:56
Hey guys. I just got an e-mail back from Altara/Jetstar about them accepting my online application. In my email though it says that the next step is for the A/Centre but then at the bottom of the e-mail it says there may be a wait of some weeks/months before I may be invited. Is this on every e-mail or does this mean that they aren't currently taking anymore people in as I am half way through filling out an application with VB as well who are recruiting.

Also I am worried about my size, is that an issue? I am 168cm tall and am a size 14/16, is this too big? I am 21 turning 22 and am active, I'm just, not slim...

And another one, one of my references is my current boss, but they are retiring next week and then travelling around and it may not be possible to contact them...should I just find another reference or would one of my senior colleagues (who trained me) be suitable instead? My other two referee's are fine though.

Just thought I'd stop by and find out if I should expect a call net week for the phone assessment, but since they didn't state that in my email I am unsure. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated :)

jessaa
7th Jan 2013, 01:18
Hey Catee

Have you had your telephone interview yet?
I also got that email then a couple of weeks later received another saying they would phone in the next couple of weeks and to let them know if i was unavailable at any particular time.
I had my phone interview before christmas (like only a couple of days after they emailed) and they said i had passed and that the expected AD was going to be 22/23 jan but they emailed me last week saying they would be in touch soon.

Where is your base? im Sydney!

Does anyone else know (i feel a little bad expecting)
but, what is the go when your at ground school do you get paid?
do you start working straight after? I am leaving a full time job for my dream job and just want to know what to expect (and how much money i need to save haha)

Thanks! Goodluck to anyone else applying :) :)

Chatterboii
14th Jan 2013, 06:21
Hey

I would defiantly say to save as much money as you can. Make sure you have enough money to get you through a month.

GS is hard work, so say good bye too your social life for a few weeks as well.

Good luck.. It's a long process, but worth every minute.

nikolalove13
17th Jan 2013, 05:05
hiii, i got a phone call today regarding the phone interview process but i missed the call and am waiting to call them back, but i was just wondering if anyone could tell me any heads up questions they ask you in the phone interview! Any help would be greatly appreciated !