PDA

View Full Version : USA Visa question

Pace
9th Jun 2010, 19:42
Does anyone know what VISA is required post 9/11 for a UK citizen to go and train for an FAA SIC on the C500 series jet.

I have a guy I have said I will use with me on a 550 I fly as Captain if he gets himself sorted with the SIC my own visa is a B1/B2 not sure what he needs?

Thanks

Pace

Arkwright
9th Jun 2010, 20:07
I'm fairly sure that the TSA application process will inform you what your chap will need?
Shortly after 9/11 I did my initial type rating using the visa waiver programme........

mutt
9th Jun 2010, 20:22
I don't know why someone would do a SIC on the C550, just find a school that offers "guaranteed type ratings" on the aircraft..... because this course is so short it falls under the requirements of the visa waiver, however a TSA clearance is required....

Mutt

deefer dog
9th Jun 2010, 21:05
Pace, if you fly the aircraft as Captain I assume you have an ATP. I assume also that the aircraft must be N registered as you speak of SIC rating.

As an FAA ATP holder, rated and current on the Citation 550, YOU can carry out the training in the aircraft. Once YOU are satisfied that the applicant has completed the training, sign for it and then all that is required is a one hour visit by the applicant to the Feds New York office for the SIC rating to be issued. If you require the paperwork that requires appropriate signatures, PM me.

No TSA. The applicant is not attending training in the USA, and therefore only requires a tourist visa for the visit, if one is required depending on the nationality of the applicant.

Next question!

Deefer Dog

Edited: Just noted that it is a 500. Makes no difference

Pace
9th Jun 2010, 21:07
Socal

Thanks for your advice stupid thing with the C500 series is that the 500 is below 12500 ibs but also qualifies you to fly the 550 and 560 which are above!

All very complicated :ugh:

As for the SIC I think FS do them for about half the rate of a TR but they can be churned out by ATPs like me with the type on the ATP. So an SIC can be as detailed as you want it to be. correct me if I am wrong?

Deefer Dog

Posted just after you Yes that is an option the only problem will be getting the owner to agree ;)
Edited: Just noted that it is a 500. Makes no difference
The aircraft is a 550 not a 500

Pace

NuName
10th Jun 2010, 06:15
I have been working with the FAA regs for years, I have had to have TSA clearance for every training event regardless of the venue being in the USA or not. I may have misconstrued a previous comment but I took it to say no USA no TSA, not true. You can do it on the web, easy. There is a very user freindly examiner in Florida for the 500 series. B1/B2 always works, visa service is quite rapid now, last time with the B1/B2 application they gave me the C1/D without my even asking.

learjet50
10th Jun 2010, 23:01
e last thread

BOLLOCKS

The TSA have no authority outside the USA

The USA Do Not Rule the World (God Help us all if they did)

Sorry to be so damming but

The USA Demands everthing from a Pilot Visa TSA Clearance etc

Us poor bastards in Europe allow all uSA Pilots to arrive without a Visa.

Well all thats going to change A UK Pilot to USA Requires all sorts of Visas etc

A USA Pilot to UK Requires nothing he is sometimes not even seen by UK Customs.

We are going to perform what is called TIT FOR TAT

And not before time i may add

NuName
11th Jun 2010, 04:09
It says your age 60, how did you manage that with your "bedside manner". For your information, just for you as most other folks would realise this, the FAA can ask for what they like in order to give you one of thier tickets, just as the CAA & JAA can. If that happens to be a bright red shirt with a puple bow tie when training, so be it. My post was true and accurate, try and go to Flight Safety Le Bourget without TSA, it wont happen. Bollocks? I think nobody wants to know what keeps your ears appart. :ugh:

G-SPOTs Lost
11th Jun 2010, 06:41
Deefer....

Are you sure you can do that anymore?

We sent somebody across to the NY FSDO in 2006 with the appropiate paperwork and were told in no uncertain terms that it was coming to a stop. Unless the training has been conducted as part of an approved course for 61.55 it wasn't going to happen.

I'll obviously bow to your better judgement if you're stateside and know the regs

gerpols
11th Jun 2010, 07:45
Pace,
I was a sim instr for SIMCOM (Orlando,FL) on the Citation Program.
They still do all training on the Citation 500/550 series, including the SIC Rating. I am sure they will answer all your questions.
I can recommend them. Their prices are much better than FSI.
Training is done in a Citation 550 level C sim.
As you probably know, a type on the CE-500, also includes all 500/550/V/Bravo/Ultra/Encore series.
Good luck, and have fun, FL is not a bad place to be..!!

Pace
11th Jun 2010, 10:48
Gerpols

As you probably know, a type on the CE-500, also includes all 500/550/V/Bravo/Ultra/Encore series.
Good luck, and have fun, FL is not a bad place to be..!!

Southern Jet Academy have a really nice 560 sim ;)

Sadly not for me but for a guy I am trying to help out a bit with some right seat work with me so am trying to sort out a cheap option to legalise him.

I am still told that I can sign off his training with my FAA ATP and that all he has to do is personally go to a FAA office to be stamped up.

Whether that has changed??? My problem there will be getting the owner to agree to the aircraft being used.

Another small question? If the aircraft requires two licenced pilots which it does and is being used by an ATP for training ie SINGLE PILOT as the trainee would not be licenced how does that hold with the insurance as I dont hold a single pilot endorsement but do hold an FAA ATP with type on licence?

Pace

NuName
11th Jun 2010, 10:56
That is your problem, in the US the co pilot does not require a type rating and you are covered for training in the aircraft with a adequately licenced pilot in the right seat for the purpose of the type rating (SIC). Here in UK airspace you require two type rated pilots unless you get dispensation from the CAA, even if you had single pilot endorsement the CAA would still have to approve in UK airspace.

learjet50
11th Jun 2010, 17:06
Gentlemen

My apologies I Mis-read the thread (Its me Age)

I Read it to beleive it was for a UK/EEC Rating.

Off to Spec Savers for my New Glasses

Again my apolgies

NuName
11th Jun 2010, 18:18
No probs, I'm lucky, nothing wrong with my eye's, its just my arms aint long enough. :eek:

NuName
5th Sep 2010, 18:04
Tell her to do a CRB check, and then warn us when she's coming :{

deefer dog
6th Sep 2010, 09:49
Deefer....

Are you sure you can do that anymore?

We sent somebody across to the NY FSDO in 2006 with the appropiate paperwork and were told in no uncertain terms that it was coming to a stop. Unless the training has been conducted as part of an approved course for 61.55 it wasn't going to happen.

I'll obviously bow to your better judgement if you're stateside and know the regs

Sorry about the late response. I'm not stateside, and I don't claim to have judgement any better than the next man, but I can only speak from having done it twice since 2006...once in 2007 and most recently in 2008. Maybe things have changed since 2008, but I haven't heard of any. I'm sure a call to the NY office will answer the question.