PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Kids

Migs29
8th Jan 2001, 17:35
Is it true that pilot's (male) can only father daughters and not sons?

Is this an old wives tale started by a few pilots?

Are you a pilot and have you fathered a son after you started your flying career?

Speedjeans
8th Jan 2001, 18:21
Whats your game dude this is a professional pilots forum, for people who are either pilots or work in the industry or people who have an interest in becoming a proffesional worker in the aviation industry!
take this crap to some teenage chat room
or JET BLAST where we all have a good laugh at each other, but not here.
Good point well made.

[This message has been edited by Speedjeans (edited 08 January 2001).]

Migs29
8th Jan 2001, 19:08
Sorry Guys, I didn't know which Forum to post this in.

I didn't put this in as a joke, I HONESTLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS.

I've only had one source (a pilot for a Euro airline). He has two daughters and swears that none of his colleagues have sons.

[This message has been edited by Migs29 (edited 08 January 2001).]

Hung start
8th Jan 2001, 20:38
Lighten up Speedo. Somebody peed in your bed this morning?
Migs: IŽve fatherŽed 2 daughters and 1 son since I started out. I know many pilots who have sons as well.
Cheers.

[This message has been edited by Hung start (edited 08 January 2001).]

Thomas coupling
8th Jan 2001, 22:34
Does your wife know about them tho!!

http://www.gograph.com/Images-7298/AnimatedGif/redstar.gif

Rob_L
8th Jan 2001, 23:30
Hung start? Should that be Well Hung Start?

v2_radar_power
9th Jan 2001, 00:46
Speedjeans, the guy was aking a valid question in the correct format. That was uncalled for, get that chip off your shoulder.

farkanel
9th Jan 2001, 14:16
Actually, gentlemen, not such a dumb question as it may appear!
The sex of the foetus is, to a degree, determined by the level of several hormones in the father's sperm at the time of conception. When the father is under stress, the hormones are programmed to favour the procreation of a female foetus. This goes back for millions of years. It is essential that nature provides a surplus of females to ensure survival of the human race. One male can impregnate thousands of females if necessary, lucky us. So if you're under stress, or off to war, or both, you have more chance of fathering a daughter. This was what was found in a survey of fast-jet jocks several years ago. Exposure to radiation is another ongoing survey among the pilot fraternity. I was a pilot for 40 years and fathered one of each. So back to the drawing board!

Speedjeans
10th Jan 2001, 04:08
Sorry MIGs29
not a nice welome to pprune was it, my fault old boy.
I gave myself a good spanking for being so rude to you, once again sorry.
SJ's

Bullethead
10th Jan 2001, 04:47
I guess my nuts are connected back to front, it's a wonder that don't hurt, as I fathered a daughter when I was flying helos and a son some years after I started flying long haul.

Regards.
:) :)

TAF Oscar
10th Jan 2001, 22:27
I've had two daughters, and yes, I'm under stress!!

Lou Scannon
12th Jan 2001, 18:54
Many years ago, a pilot in the RAF defended a paternity case by claiming that the male child could not possibly be his as everyone knew that high altitude flying resulted in aircrew only having daughters.

I have only heard anecdotal evidence to support his claim.

skyvan
13th Jan 2001, 00:20
If it's any help, I've managed to get a son while flying night freight (4-5 nights a week--when ever did I find the time!), a daughter while flying longhaul, and am now awaiting the arrival of the second male offspring, while now flying shorthaul. This at regular 4 year intervals.
Of course, these are the only one's I know about.( NO dear, I haven't slept with a hostie, not one wink :) )