PDA

View Full Version : A380 Orders!

L4key
9th Jun 2010, 15:51
BBC News - EADS unit Airbus wins $11.5bn A380 order from Emirates (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10274987.stm)

Good news to help revive the flagging 380! Does anyone think it'll ever make any money?

Now, if only there was a website that told us the build progress of every 380 and it's cup holders over and over again... :} :oh:

simonchowder
9th Jun 2010, 16:37
Great news for europe ,flew on one a while back, superb aircraft

Cymmon
9th Jun 2010, 16:43
Yep, my binocīs spotted you whilst wearing my anorak!!!!:eek::}:ok:

HXdave
9th Jun 2010, 21:04
Can you imagine if the internet had been around in the days when the 737 first started production...........

current posts would have been:

UPDATE.............

MSN89565..........

the 48 526 th B737 rolls off assembly line. New customer ' Couldntgivea****airlines' welcomes the latest addition to the fleet.

Meanwhile, MSN89565, the 48525th B737 to be produced had a new door handle fitted whilst waiting to be painted in the colours of 'Tossair'...............

parabellum
9th Jun 2010, 23:57
They are probably costing almost as much to manufacture as Airbus are getting for them by the time the discounting, to get the order book moving, is taken into account!;)

AndoniP
10th Jun 2010, 10:22
Does anyone think it'll ever make any money?

Is there anywhere I can find the total costs and sales for the A380? Oliver where are you?!!!!

pax britanica
10th Jun 2010, 10:49
Emirates go for world domination?

Seriously though I had my first A380 experience lastweek, two sectors on them and two on new 777-300s and the airbus is just so far a head in terms of ride and cabin comfort that there is no comparison. Climate control system was most striking being silent and far far better than any other type I have flown on- boarded a little thick headed and actually felt much better when I got off.
An excellent product and one the European Aviation Industry should be hugely proud of- the majestic 744 is queen of the skies no more.
PB

AndoniP
10th Jun 2010, 12:40
The flight home from our honeymoon was on an a380 and we weren't disappointed. beautiful aircraft, lots of space and comfort.

It also has the edge due to its' wow factor in my opinion, and there is no doubt, it does have a lot of it.

parabellum
10th Jun 2010, 22:34
Mrs PB, (a very seasoned traveler), just did the round trip to Europe on SIA, two sectors A380, two sectors B777. For overall comfort of seating etc. the B777 won hands down. Noise? Didn't really notice, even sitting upstairs. Didn't bother with the IFE on either type. Verdict: A380 is nothing special. Service all sectors in EY was excellent.

The B744 will remain Queen of the Skies until someone produces a better looking aircraft, so far no one has come even close!

Regarding ever making any money, the analysts have calculated that Airbus need to sell around 500 A380 to break even, original figure was about 269 but due delays etc. and penalty payments this number has nearly doubled.

tezzer
11th Jun 2010, 08:53
Been lucky enough to do 2 sectors on the Emirates 380, 1st time paid for an upgrade froy C to F to try it, and it's very nice, not spectacular, but very nice. 2nd time got a comp. upgrade at the gate, so that was nice, but the sectors were Dubai - Bangkok, after night flights from the UK on 777s with the "sleeperette" seats, so all I wanted to do on both occaisions was put my bed flat down and get some much needed sleep.

Do I prefer it to the 777, definately, but always feel safer in a Boeing, but thats just me !