PDA

View Full Version : aircraft maintenance jobs

tandiwe
9th Jun 2010, 14:37
Hie guys,I have completed the B1 EASA modules,I am looking for somewhere to start. Anyone has any links,i dont mind anything or low wages provided its within the aircraft industry near reading or all over uk and ireland.
Cheers guys

Sonic Bam
9th Jun 2010, 16:43
Or is it a case you have completed your modules but have not yet fullfilled the experience requirements for issue of the license?

simonchowder
9th Jun 2010, 16:46
That post says it all really , there was a time when engineers did a hands on apprenticeship, got some good experiance under their belt then they looked at obtaining a licence , now it appears to be the reverse case

Alber Ratman
9th Jun 2010, 19:52
Sorry mate, you have picked the wrong time to come into the industry. You will find most companies are looking to shed jobs, not take people on in the UK. For example my job is far from safe.:\

tandiwe
9th Jun 2010, 21:29
sorry guys i didnt specify,i did my modules at city of Bristol college.i dont have any experience and i didnt go for any ojt caz they needed 3 grand,i am a british citizen so dont need work permit

glad rag
9th Jun 2010, 22:01
As said before this is NOT a good time.

GR (6 months and counting.....)

tandiwe
10th Jun 2010, 11:44
Well i did modules for a fixed wing

Sonic Bam
10th Jun 2010, 11:48
Have you read the numerous other threads on this forum and AirMech started by individuals in the same position as yourself?

MATMAX
10th Jun 2010, 16:13
Guys,
Take it easy with the kid.
Did you remember when you started ?
Our time was more easy.
tandiwe , as said before by others , it is not the best time but you did not really choose it.
good luck as even guys with types training are looking for a job ...
I would suggest you to have a look on whats going on worldwide.

Storminnorm
10th Jun 2010, 16:23
Are there still any "Contract" firms left in the business?
eg Star Aviation and various other firms that farmed people
out on a self employed basis? Also Airwork Services?
That was always a good way to keep in employment in my day.
But I've been out of touch for years now, so don't really know
what that game's like now. Just a thought??
It must be hard nowadays.

A321COBI
14th Jun 2010, 19:24
I suggest this site to anybody searching for jobs in aviation
Aviation Jobs, Jobs in Aviation, Aviation Jobs London, Aviation Recruitment, Airlines Jobs, Jobs in Airlines, AviationJobSearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/)

leobrown78
15th Jun 2010, 02:33
Re: Heli-Malongo do any one has any info on the present working conditions for engineers pay scale etc.