PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 (Different type of Question though)

tunneler
7th Jan 2001, 21:48
Got my class 1 through the post on monday (wooooooohoooooo!!!! :))

Got a question about the renewal part though,

should I have to do the general medical within a year (Im 20 and healthy) or could the 05 part in the box be a lazy effort that looks like a 1???

Thanx

B

AH64 APACHE
8th Jan 2001, 00:40
You could phone them and see but on mine I have to get the gen med done again in a year but you can get it done anywhere - that is where the local doc is an AME or AMS or something. Look on the website for the CAA and it'll give you a lis of people local to you.
:)

Final Destination
9th Jan 2001, 14:53
I thankfully just recieved my class 1 medical aswell and i had to phone up CAA to find out when the general medical had to be rechecked and it is one year after the day you passed the medical.Hope this helps. FD

batu
10th Jan 2001, 18:47
Tunneler and FD:
Are you wearing glasses? If it is so please tell me your strenght and astimat...thx

PS: congratulations :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Final Destination
12th Jan 2001, 16:08
My prescription is Left eye -3.25 Right eye -3.5. I can't find my prescription card which tells me everything else but once I find it I will let you know the rest.
Cheers FD
Sorry I forgot to add I am short sighted and wear glasses from when I get out of bed in the morning(these days more like the afternoon) and I take them off just as I go to bed.(not very good)

[This message has been edited by Final Destination (edited 12 January 2001).]

batu
15th Jan 2001, 18:16
OK thanks

Tunneler can I have yours please?!!!!

My eyes are pretty f**ked up -5,5 (-.5 astimat) and -4,5 !!! I wanna start with Bates lessons..!

Never mind, thanks
Batu

tunneler
15th Jan 2001, 22:31
Well i went there thinkin my eyes were fine - turns out i need to get a coupla spares of geggs http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif More bloody expense!!!

The prescription the chappy gave me (as he rummages through the drawer....) was....

Right - -0.75 D5
Left - -0.25 D5

havnt got a feckin clue what it all means but its gonna cost a bomb!!!

Hope this is of some help

B
x

Final Destination
17th Jan 2001, 19:15
Tunneler from what I understand your eyes aren't that back so you won't have anything to worry about except the optitions bill. My last bill can to a grand total of £170.47 ( might not seem like much to some but to a student)