PDA

View Full Version : Flight Schools in Melbourne

BigWings 14
9th Jun 2010, 09:36
Hello there,
I'm trying to suss out flight schools in Melbourne.
I live in Warrandyte (near Doncaster), and I'm thinking of doing a CPL and MECIR at the Royal Victorian Aero Club at Moorabbin. Any suggestions, ideas or hints welcome!

eocvictim
9th Jun 2010, 10:29
If you're going to hit it hard, either RVAC or MFS will suit you well. People will suggest 'their' but no one will say those schools are not good quality. So if thats the plan, stick with it.

AirBumps
9th Jun 2010, 11:08
Cant go past MFT at MB

BigWings 14
10th Jun 2010, 09:52
Thanks guys,:)

I wanna end up flying in a major airline, so as you said, RVAC may be the best one for that. MFT was also high on my shortlist, but I decided that having the "Royal Victorian Aero Club" on my resume would look better.

Cheers.:ok:

training wheels
10th Jun 2010, 22:19
but I decided that having the "Royal Victorian Aero Club" on my resume would look better.

Cheers.:ok:

I have nothing against RVAC, but makes you think that? :confused:

Jay & Silent Bob
10th Jun 2010, 22:34
I have nothing against RVAC, but makes you think that? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gifHe probably thinks that because it has royal patronage.

Jerry Lee
10th Jun 2010, 23:10
Which school is MFT?

I will probably go at MFS.

training wheels
11th Jun 2010, 00:07
MFT is Melbourne Flight Training, just opposite the RVAC.

MFS has some very new Piper aircraft in their fleet. I did my MECIR renewal there some time ago flying their Avidyne equipped PA44. Very nice!

virginia88
11th Jun 2010, 02:39
Hey there,
I sussed out that school too. It looks pretty good and if your an australian citizen and under 25 you should apply for the GFPT scholarship. pays for all expenses (up to $6.5K) up to your GFPT standard =). I looking at going to johnstons aviation in port macquarie though. It's decently priced, quiet airfield (more time up in the air for my $) and theres no landing fees either =). goodluck!

BigWings 14
11th Jun 2010, 08:33
Hey everyone!

Thanks a lot for your comments. To Jay & Silent Bob (http://www.pprune.org/members/235289-jay-and-silent-bob) , it's really as Training Wheels says, and the fact that they're well established and have been around since 1914.

There's nothing at all wrong with MFT, but based on the above reasons, I think the RVAC is slightly better.:)

And thanks to Virginia88. We all know that there's not much help out there from school career councellors, so you really have to go on what other people say, and research your own stuff.

Cheers.