PDA

View Full Version : Aeromed Contract Awarded

tric
9th Jun 2010, 08:46
According to the grapevine here in Adelaide, Corporate Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering has won the Aeromed contract starting next year. The director of the company has been calling engineers and saying they have won the contract worth some 40mil. They want to send engineers to Italy to be trained on Piaggios. :uhoh:

Anyone heard anything different?

Arnold E
9th Jun 2010, 08:50
You cant be serious :{

Jabawocky
9th Jun 2010, 09:18
So is the end of RFDS in SA? or is it just over and above the RFDS work?

If the RFDS are getting booted out.......there will be a very big long term problem for this country.

Of course we could follow the USA, and the risks of aeromedical accidents being like theirs would be "Vannishingly Small"

J:E

tric
9th Jun 2010, 09:26
They do hold an CoA but they also have an AoC and do charter out of Adelaide/Parafield wih a B200 and a couple of 402s. I believe they are going into this contract with another mob, but I'm not sure who.:hmm:

glekichi
9th Jun 2010, 09:28
I assume you are talking about the NT aeromedical contract!

Arnold E
9th Jun 2010, 09:29
RFDS Central section has just purchased 5 new aircraft and they are currently doing a fairly extensive fitout. I dont think there is any risk that the RFDS is going anywhere. They will continue to do what they do very well.

tric
9th Jun 2010, 10:38
Sorry for any confusion, yes, NT Aeromed contract.:)

Arnold E
9th Jun 2010, 10:58
So let's get this straight, are you saying this is all going to be set up and running in 6 months from a base of zero, are you kidding???
Piaggios ?? WT

roundaboutway
9th Jun 2010, 11:04
Thats funny i dont see corporate aircraft maintenance and engineering in the tender list.

only corporate aircraft charter

Jayrow Helicopters Pty Ltd
Capiteq Limited t/as Airnorth & Aspen Medical Pty Limited
CareFlight (NSW) Limited
Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (Central Operations) Incorporated
Top End Aero Medical Services Pty Ltd
Corporate Aircraft Charter Pty Ltd
MedSat Technologies Pty Ltd
Rotorwest Pty Ltd t/as Heliwest Group & Pel-Air Aviation Pty Limited
Lloyd Helicopters Pty Ltd T/as CHC Helicopters (Aust)
Top End Aero Medical Pty Ltd (T.E.A.M)
Lloyd Helicopters Pty Ltd T/as CHC Helicopters (Aust)

I think someone is pulling your leg

opsdude90
9th Jun 2010, 15:36
I believe Corporate Aircraft Charter and Corporate Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering are the same company?

Jamair
10th Jun 2010, 17:18
Just so there's no confusion - scareflight & ausjet are not doing the interim NTAMS work out of the goodness of their hearts, nor have they had a whip-around in the office to buy / lease those old B200s. They have been paid for the work and aeroplanes by NT government, at whatever capital cost and ongoing rate they negotiated. While they probably do want to keep the gig, lets not get all bleeding-heart over whether 'poor old CF' will get the future contract.

This is a commercial operation, run by a commercial company, who incidentally have zot experience in this particular operation.

Arnold E
21st Jun 2010, 08:04
Spied outside the RFDS hanger at ADL today was a Piaggio. It can also be confirmed that an RFDS flight nurse was seen aboard the said Piaggio. :ok:

roundaboutway
24th Jun 2010, 01:12
did you get any photos??

BTW any news on the contract?

PA39
24th Jun 2010, 03:47
Thanks.. MATES

pc12togo
24th Jun 2010, 10:37
Arnold E

I walked past there that day and did not see it and it was not there in the morning.

Betwixt and Between
14th Jul 2010, 03:02
NT govt has extended the assessment period to 13 Sept 2010. No tender award is expected before that date.

Arnold E
14th Jul 2010, 12:31
I walked past there that day and did not see it and it was not there in the morning.Confirmed by others in our organization, definitely seen!:ok: