PDA

View Full Version : Heli School

Calisson
7th Jun 2010, 14:38
Hello guys,

I'm looking for some information about helicopter flying schools and in particular about Tiger helicopter in UK, bristow and orlando flight training in US. I would like to know if any of You have been there for the training, and if there is some feedback.

Thanks

Calisson

Transsonic2000
7th Jun 2010, 15:28
Hi there,

check out the following link:

Hillsboro Aviation | Aircraft Parts (http://www.hillsboroaviation.com/page/school)

I did my entire training there, although fixed-wing (airplane) and meanwhile a few years ago, but they also offer rotor-wing training as well. Like all flight schools they promise a lot, but altogether the training and the school are quite professional. However, the former also depends on the instructor, but I guess that applies to any school, I recommend to ask for a senior-instructor (instructor with lots of experience). Just as a reminder, this is a FAA (US) flight school and you'll get a FAA pilots license, if you want to fly in Europe you need to convert your license from FAA to JAA, which can be a quite extensive affair (in terms of time and money) especially if we are talking about a commercial license.

Good luck :)