PDA

View Full Version : Fracture

PHANTOMMENACE
5th Jan 2001, 17:06
Has anyone any experience of how long it takes to get their licence back following a non complicated broken wrist/arm? I've been told it could be as long as three to four months from when it happened.

redsnail
6th Jan 2001, 02:29
In Oz it depends on when you can pass the medical again. The Dr's need to be satisfied that you have recovered satisfactorily. Perhaps a quick trip to the physio and discuss various exercises to minimise the muscle wastage would be the go.

jaundiced
9th Jan 2001, 03:42
I am reliably informed that if it is the wrist of the dominant hand that has been broken, it usually mends more quickly than the other. Something to do with a natural desire for theraputic exercise amongst sexually mature adults (esp single)! :-)

Malteser
12th Jan 2001, 21:26
I smashed my thumb joint a few years ago and lost my medical temporarily. The letter from the CAA said that they'd review it when I asked them. So off to the company doctor as soon as the surgeon (I really smashed it!) said so - quick check and a bit of resistance exercise by said doc (also whilst still undergoing physio personally) - quick call to the CAA and job done. Nothing to worry about - as long as it heals ok.