PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer help?

Jamair
6th Jun 2010, 06:00
Hey team:

My IE has just started opening extra windows of my home page while I'm browsing...... particularly when scrolling down using the sidebar.

This first started happening when I was browsing PPrune yesterday. Trend Micro pro hasn't found any viruses or trojans.

Thoughts anyone?

green granite
6th Jun 2010, 06:35
No but operating system and IE version might help.

Jamair
6th Jun 2010, 09:14
Machine is a HP Pavilion dv1000

Windows XP, SP 3.

IE 8;

Does that help?

deltapapa
6th Jun 2010, 10:59
I had that issue with IE8. Seemed to happen mostly when I was closing IE down - it just kept opening new tabs of the home page.

I could easily end up with 20 new tabs as it opened them quicker than I could shut them down. Never found the reason - no virus or trojans etc....

I went to Google Chrome in the end and have only found one site that is incompatible.

green granite
6th Jun 2010, 12:01
Just in case download Malwarebytes and run it. |MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46 Download (http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756)

Have you got the Pro Add-on installed? as this can cause strange things like this. (well it could in IE7)

Jamair
6th Jun 2010, 12:59
Yeah, I've got the Trend Micro Pro edition. Bloody annoying , whatever it is. I'll try the malaware thing & report back.

MarcJF
6th Jun 2010, 18:39
I had this issue a week or so ago - it stopped just as suddenly as it started. Never did find out why.