PDA

View Full Version : roster into xml file

Sledge
5th Jun 2010, 21:15
hi there, i have been looking at pilots pal electronic log book and wondered how i might import my roster into it.It asks for an xml file... then i am lost.Any guru's out there able to offer advice? Thanks

bnt
5th Jun 2010, 21:52
Just saying "an XML file" isn't really enough information, you need to know more about the "schema" (specification) of the XML file. An XML file can hold anything as long as it follows some general XML language rules, but a program like that requires the XML file to have a specific design and contain specific things.

An analogy ... it's like saying "speak English", when the requirement is for a specific type of language e.g. you're giving a speech to a group of car salesmen. You need to know exactly what type of XML the program needs. If you give me the name of the program, I may be able to find out more.

But you may be going about this the hard way. Does the program have an "import" function somewhere? That might be more flexible, and accept text files etc.

mixture
8th Jun 2010, 10:00
If you give me the name of the program, I may be able to find out more.

Alternativley, assuming there is an "export" function somwhere just give Sledge an excercise in reverse-engineering.

Do an export, see what it looks like. Convert your input to match.