PDA

View Full Version : US visa needed from US to Europe?

transilvana
5th Jun 2010, 17:54
I have to go to US to pick up an aircraft and deliver it to Europe, do I need Crew VISA to leave the country it or not? what it´s new in order to get out the US with the aircraft? I´m a little bit lost and the research on Pprune only about people getting into the US but not leaving the country.

Thanks to all

Whoops
5th Jun 2010, 19:51
No you don't. You can go in on visa waiver.

Check 6
5th Jun 2010, 21:14
No exit visa as long as you arrive with a valid visa. A "visa waiver" will work fine and it is issued by the approved airline. VWP (http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html)

However, before you depart you must file an e-APIS notice (similar to an outbound GenDec but more detailed and electronically submitted). This can be done by your flight planning service (Universal, Jeppesen, ARINC, etc.) or you can easily do it on www.fltplan.com (http://www.fltplan.com). The Homeland Security jobs worths have a free web site to file but it is not very user-friendly.

ab33t
5th Jun 2010, 22:12
Use an agent it is safer and easier, we did it ourselfs and had a long hold up as we had done something incorrectly

Check 6
5th Jun 2010, 22:15
Good advice from ab33t. You are very likely going to be using a flight planning service so have them also submit your e-APIS.

What type of aircraft are you picking up?

I just noticed that I hit my 10 year anniversary on PPRuNe. :ok:

flyingfemme
6th Jun 2010, 07:40
You can only enter the country on a visa waiver if you have a roundtrip ticket. Make sure you return the entry stub to immigration when you leave.

Check 6
6th Jun 2010, 11:39
Correct on the round trip ticket, but you do not have to return the "green stub" to CBP/Immigration. You can keep it and use it again within the validity period. You must have it in your possession with your passport while you are in the U.S.

Let's say that you depart from Kansas in the private aircraft and fly to Bangor, Maine for fuel. If you turned the stub in to CBP/Immigration in Kansas you could be arrested in Maine as you would not have a visa.

Another example is that if you are in a longer range aircraft and depart Kansas with the intent of stopping in Goose Bay but have a technical problem and land in Bangor, Maine you could also be arrested.

Hang onto the stub. Round trip tickets are usually less expensive even if you don't use the return ticket.

Check 6
9th Jun 2010, 21:02
SoCal, with all respect, it is not mandatory. When departing the US via a commercial flight (121 terminal) CBP may ask for it but you can explain that you are returning to the U.S. before it expires and request to keep it.

In this case he is not departing through a Part 121 terminal so it is a moot issue.

Regardless, I am not with CBP but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last year.

If in doubt, ask CBP. :ok:

CJ Driver
12th Jun 2010, 17:01
I don't remember the address - that is what Google is for - but there is also a US govt web site for reporting your status if your plans change and you find yourself back home still holding your I-94 stub. If you just throw it away without telling them it can mean a tedious delay next time you try to get back into the US. := (Been there, done that).