PDA

View Full Version : Cash split for friends of friends after CPL

Okavango
4th Jun 2010, 13:50
Hi. I know the rules for PPL passengers, ie not advertising and PIC paying more than 50% of costs, but does this change after gaining a CPL? I have a number of friends of friends and friends of family who would like to go for pleasure trips. It would be great to honour them but I'm obviously not a bottomless pit! Is it ok in these circumstances for passengers to split all costs or has nothing changed until you have an AOC? I appreciate some will say to just do it anyway though I'd prefer to keep things to the book.

nick14
6th Jun 2010, 08:34
:ok:Im not sure on this one but it seems to me that in order to do it you would have to operate under the clubs AOC which I would imagine you would need the approval of the school. Also I guess all their pleasure flights are classed as introductory lessons and hence done with an instructor. If you have an FI rating I guess you could do it but I would stick to splitting the costs, its what I have done in the past and perfectly legal for any type of licence. It still makes it half as cheap

SloppyJoe
6th Jun 2010, 12:35
If it is truly only for friends just ask them to pay for the flights as you can not afford to take them if you have to pay. If they are friends it wont be a problem, yep maybe not 100% but if they want to pay and you want to take them just do it if you know them, don't go round shouting about the fact that you are doing it. The world is insane and if your mate wants to go flying with you but can't unless he pays for it or most of it just let them pay for it.