PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Yangtze River Interview

HDriver
3rd Jun 2010, 01:27
Does anybody know what they ask in the interview for Yangtze River. All help would be appreciated. HD

free at last
3rd Jun 2010, 11:01
Make sure they pay China income tax ,approximately 40-45%. Good Luck!

bigduke6
4th Jun 2010, 07:58
Not much!

If you pass the ATP written, CAAC medical and can provide all the notarized documents (police check, no accident/incident record, certification of flight time, etc) that they want, you will be offered a job.

No technical questions at all. "Why do you want to work for us?" "Have you been to Shanghai before?"

"How much time in airplane, etc" and "what was your last employer", but that is right on your CV.

HDriver
5th Jun 2010, 02:47
Thank you for the info........I appreciate it, helps with the prep work.:ok:

bigduke6
6th Jun 2010, 03:46
Last 2 interview groups have had a high percentage fail the CAAC written.

Strange, but those that are younger and have less flight time seem to score better on this exam than the CA's with years of international experience. So review basic aerodynamics, fixed card ADF navigation, etc. US ATP written test prep is probably the closest thing to study.

geeitup
23rd Jun 2010, 03:57
I was recently asked a couple limitations, although it seems like theirs don't always correspond directly to airline x. Was also asked what does the takeoff warning "look" at. I hadn't studied -400 stuff in quite awhile, choosing to focus on the ATPL - so I thought I'd screwed the pooch, and actually got a "you may want to review..." comment, but in the end got the "Welcome to Yangzte River."
As far as the ATPL goes, you'll find plenty to study if you do some online searches (CAAC ATPL, here and google). But they take from the full 15,000 question bank so previously asked questions don't help much. I would split my time between that gouge and the Gleim ATP prep book. I over-studied the CAAC duty times, wx for filing, etc. I was only asked one question on this which was pretty generic. I had many (10) of the compass card questions to include 2 ADF (relative/mag bearing) questions. I knew how to do Boeing style W&B but was asked an Airbus question which I guessed at. I brought a wiz wheel (don't laugh) since some of the gouge I saw had manual flight plan examples (ETE, fuel) - I haven't heard of them asking any questions on this though, so I wouldn't bother. Luckily you should get quite a few chart chasing questions (I had approx. 15-20) which should be relative gimmees.
I got a 79 and my interview mate also got a 79.
BTW, study all the CAAC/ICAO organization history/authority stuff your searches find. Or maybe don't bother since it tends to be obscure.