PDA

View Full Version : Release to Service-Light heli

tony 1969
2nd Jun 2010, 20:40
Hi,
I am so used to having a written release to service (in the UK, last mx was done such and such hours, next mx due such and such hours) all very easy to follow.
Now working abroad (still europe) but maintenance facility wont provide us with such a piece of paper they merely tell us when next is due,
So is it a requirement to have a release to service, for light helicopters used for training and or commercial work?
If so is it EASA or down to national regulations

thanks in advance
PS I trust the maintenance guys. just curious about the paperwork side of things and cant seem to find the answer.

Rigga
3rd Jun 2010, 23:07
If you're not working IN either the FAA/EASA or the Aussie or Canadian systems then you will have to work out what your national standards/regulations are!

Many Eastern/Mid-Eastern systems are based on american or european rules - but I can't say what parts they've picked or missed out. Find the operators rules/processes and read them or (if you are allowed to) ask your NAA.

added bit!

Miss-read where you are (its late)
If you are working IN the EU you need a Release To Service.
If you are working in the CIS you MAY not (I dont know about Russian rules)

tony 1969
4th Jun 2010, 10:35
thanks for reply
I am in sweden

Miles Gustaph
8th Jun 2010, 17:39
Tony, what you describe doesn't sound like a release to service, but a maintenance forecast, and there is no requirement to provide an engineer with one.

All work must be certified with a suitably worded CRS, Certificate of release to service.

OttoB200
11th Jun 2010, 09:16
tricky to answer...

YES, you are required to have a release to service after maintenance.

As explained by Miles, what you are asking for is a maintenance forecast.

Since you are dealing with helicopters, you should have a maintenance program approved by your NAA and someone took over the responsibilities of a CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization)...
How can this CAMO take care about the continuing airworthiness without knowing about maintenance status ?

for training and or commercial work

Really... you are operating on an AOC ?!?

in this case YOU have to take care of your aircraft and it is your responsibility to track timelimits of maintenance, parts etc...