PDA

View Full Version : EuroAtlantic Airways - MM - 767-300F

169west
2nd Jun 2010, 12:50
Howdy

I've heard they are looking for FO on the 767-300F based Lisbon. Anybody has any information from the field!thanks

Fly4Fun
2nd Jun 2010, 14:20
A close friend worked for them a couple of years ago. Expect low pay and to be on call most of the time although the crews are friendly and in a general way the environment within the company is ok.

Happy landings

169west
3rd Jun 2010, 14:05
thanks for your reply... any idea on how much low is low?

Fly4Fun
4th Jun 2010, 09:57
According to my friend it was, for F/O, around 1,600 Euros after taxes plus 50 Euros per diem, for Captain a little different since they had individual working agreements, but as I said it was 2 or 3 years ago.

Happy landings :ok:

169west
4th Jun 2010, 16:26
... so at the end and FO will get 2500 per month?

Fly4Fun
4th Jun 2010, 18:12
Well, certanly some months would be better other would be worse. Euroatlantic is an ACMI operator with few fixed contracts, most are short term notice. I think they do the Hajj quite often with crews being out for a month or even more. On that case take home pay can easily reach 3,500 (I recall my friend saying something about the per diems being a little higher during the Hajj). Expect to fly B757 and B767 both pax and cargo. They use to give a year bonuses to every employee.

Hope that helps.
Happy landings :ok:

L1011-500
5th Jun 2010, 07:57
I should start saying that euroatlantic (MMZ) is a very special airline.

The take home salary on a FO is 1600 Eur , after 1 or 2 years you can get 1800, 2000 max. (after tax)
As said before capts salary varies case by case.
Beeing a charter/ACMI company it operates on a very short notice, meaning you have to be ready for pretty much everything . One can very easily spend 1 month at home doing absolutely nothing, or away from home based out of (anywhere) for another month. So its a constant gamble.
The perdiems are correct 50 eur a day, before it was paid in USD so there was a slight improvement on that one.
A very good thing about the company is the atmosphere. Expect to be in a big family.
Schedulle its the hard one. Basically you are on call 24/7. In one day they can call you to fly to london, the next to maldives, or jedah, or even to the falkland islands ( malvinas), you never , never know.
One can allways reject a flight, but are you really going to turn down a flight because you are supposed to be OFF when you dont fly for 15 days or so.

Cheers,
L1011

169west
5th Jun 2010, 09:27
F4F and L1011

thanks for your reply... one more question ... how is the average flight time per moth or per year? thanks

L1011-500
5th Jun 2010, 16:23
A big question mark. One can make from 300 to say 600 maybe. It allways depends on the contracts ,flights the company has.
As for the freigther I think they have a secured contract right now, som maybe you can expect some good hours

HiddenDragon
8th Jun 2010, 18:47
They are recruiting right now. 5 spanish type rated FOs just admitted and 4 portuguese without TR are going to SIM.
And a few brasilian CPTs also joined last week.
Important contracts to come!

Lousy salary but is better than none!
And work environment is the best!

Regards

NR