PDA

View Full Version : Airbus AFM - Where can I get one?

mjs1976
2nd Jun 2010, 10:32
We are conducting in-depth evaluations of the performance of various Airbus aircraft types, particularly the A330-200/300 - to specifically determine which one most closely meets the performance, payload and range expectations of our intended routes. However having searched the web and asked former colleagues I have found it impossible to get hold of Airbus AFMs which Airbus (as do Boeing) only provide to existing operators. I would really appreciate anybodys help on where I can get hold of an electronic copy of Airbus AFMs...

Note: payload range diagrams which are widely available are not detailed enough for our in-depth evaluation

Thanks in advance

ab33t
2nd Jun 2010, 18:02
Sounds like Airbus and Boeing are the people to talk to

no sig
2nd Jun 2010, 20:03
Yes, if these analysis are for a business plan, you'd be best to contact Airbus or Boeing Technical Sales direct, set up a meeting and let them present these data. Matching the AFM with the spec could be a problem for you.

Or you may wish to consider buying route analysis (flight plans)/runway analysis charts from any of the various suppliers like Jeppesen/Flygprestanda etc. Quick way of doing it and probably accurate enough for what you want. The issue will be, what is the spec of the airlplane you are thinking of and if they hold the data, probably I'd guess.

PT6A
2nd Jun 2010, 20:18
Airbus does not have the detailed performance information in their FCOM's it is contained in the PEP, this is something they dont give out - even if you own the aircraft they are really hush hush about that data!

A standard FCOM has some information, the 330 is on the net... but does not have enough info in for takeoff and landing calculations.

PT6A

mutt
3rd Jun 2010, 05:08
The AFM wont help you as it doenst have the required information.

runway analysis charts from any of the various suppliers like Jeppesen/Flygprestanda etc. They are unable to assist you due to liability, you need a data release agreement with Airbus before anyone can use their software etc.

even if you own the aircraft they are really hush hush about that data! No they are not, it's easily available once you have the aircraft and have signed a contract with the required liability or purchased the software, it also helps to attend the appropriate training, although once again, this software wont do exactly what you want.

If you are a serious contender, then contact Airbus marketing, otherwise you will be unable to do an In-depth analysis or route analysis.

Good Luck.

Mutt

maxpranav
3rd Jun 2010, 05:58
Airbus FCOm might do the job for you....and they are available on the net. Even if you get the data to interpret it might be a little difficult if you have no prior knowledge of airbus. However, the exact information about the routes you intend to fly and capabilities of the aircraft are best answered by airbus. You can crosscheck ofcourse once they have answered....

no sig
3rd Jun 2010, 14:06
mutt, I stand corrected. You're quite right, I'd forgotten about the release requirements.