PDA

View Full Version : Theory Training

Curare
2nd Jun 2010, 05:08
What does CASA require of someone in the way of formal qualifications to deliver basic theory lessons to students from say their T.I.F to GFPT.

In basic theory I mean stuff like aeronautical theory in the BAK book, not the actual flying theory before going of for a lesson with an Instructor.

Do you have to have an Instructor Rating or say a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment?

eocvictim
2nd Jun 2010, 06:51
There are cases where you do need a casa approval to pass on theory but usually only if you're the person assessing or examining the candidate.

This applies to internal PIFRR exams and some AME exams.

As far as I understand (not fully researched) there is no requirements of the theory provider if the candidate will be required to sit a "cyber exam".

Since the BAK is internal there may be requirements to have the examination approved.

I think the main thing is do you think you're capable or adequately experienced/qualified to be providing the theory?

loro
2nd Jun 2010, 22:56
I am unaware of any current CASA requirements but there are some important points to consider at the link below.

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/411840-ground-school-quality.html

Curare
3rd Jun 2010, 22:25
Thankyou for your replies eocvictim and loro.

Appreciate the link, loro to that previous thread on the matter.

Regards Curare. :)

manymak
4th Jun 2010, 04:00
If you have a good background in Ground Instruction now might be the time to look around. Many airline training schools are struggling to find suitable trainers/teachers and are offering very attractive salaries.