PDA

View Full Version : Brindabella starts BNE-MRZ 5th July

Cleared Visual
1st Jun 2010, 05:06
Announced on 27th may, Brindabella are to commence 5x weekly Brisbane to Moree and return. The flights will use Metroliners and operate Monday - Friday.

From their website: Moree to Brisbane flights set for take off | Brindabella Airlines (http://www.brindabellaairlines.com.au/news/24-05-10/moree-brisbane-flights-take-off)

I can't recall anyone flying this route in recent years. I had the 'experience' of living in Moree for a few months back in 2004. At the time Qlink were doing 3x daily to Sydney. Used to get out of there at every chance. Wouldn't have minded an hour on a Dash 8 instead of the McCrasherty's for a good 7 hours to get to Brisbane. Guess the Metro still has to be better than the bus! Good luck to them.

Jabawocky
1st Jun 2010, 06:15
With the mining development down that way they could do well to look at dropping into YNBR on the way past. It may be a winner for them.

Skystar320
1st Jun 2010, 06:56
It is always great to see regional aviation expanding, especially in todays climate.

Good on you Brindabella, big thumbs up from me for giving it a try :ok::ok:

Horatio Leafblower
1st Jun 2010, 08:31
Go buy a WAC Jabba :=

NBR is NOT on the way from BN to MOR

...and NBR is rather well serviced by Aeropelican, thank you very much :ok:

Jabawocky
1st Jun 2010, 08:42
Cheeky bugger Leafie :ok: Its not that far away, especially the way I fly :}

But last I looked NBR was not serviced by Aeropelican from Brisbane either :p

Horatio Leafblower
1st Jun 2010, 12:14
Who on EARTH would want to go to Brisbane? :ouch: :confused:

rmcdonal
1st Jun 2010, 13:30
I would imagine to make Moree-Brisy work you would need to tag on a Narrabri for the numbers. Good fun at 2000ft and 250Kts. :ok:

Jabawocky
2nd Jun 2010, 01:53
You keep thinking that way Leafie and stay your side of the fence! :E