PDA

View Full Version : Servisair

Habana2118
31st May 2010, 21:55
Lets make this a general forum for Servisair .....

goldsnape
31st May 2010, 22:00
u mean circusair lol theres enough clowns that work for us already.

kazzie
31st May 2010, 22:16
I'm at my 3rd Station with Servisair.. I feel like I get around a bit haha!

LTN, INV and now GLA..

Where Next?

TurningFinals
1st Jun 2010, 10:24
Servisair INV doesn't exist anymore.

GRIZZLER
4th Jun 2010, 22:12
lets hope they take aviances redundancy package as well...its better than servisairs.

Mr.Fantastic
5th Jun 2010, 16:12
ask for transfer to different station when they will announce the redundancy's. that's what I have done last year :ok:

P.S. Is there any one who likes this company ?? not asking airlines though :ugh:

Subject 117
7th Jun 2010, 11:43
lets hope they take aviances redundancy package as well...its better than servisairs.

I just about had enough to buy a pack of 20 Woodbines with mine :(

Sbree
8th Jun 2010, 17:53
Well Servisair Amsterdam isn't so bad :ok:

TOWTEAMBASE
10th Jun 2010, 18:10
maybe the mods could make this a forum JUST for servisair staff like the airline ones before certain other agents hijack it. Lets have some sensible chat instead of my company is better than yours rubbish

spirit of the age
10th Jun 2010, 21:42
all the air berlin a/c parked on alpha stands whilst all germanwings parked on bravo stands.Is this so they cant see one another and thus discern who is getting preferential treatment from servisair?????

GRIZZLER
11th Jun 2010, 09:19
i think you are talking out of the thing you should be sitting on.....and mostly do.

i think you will find it's airfield ops that puts the planes on the stands not servisair.

Then again....maybe servisair put the thomas cook next to the thomsonfly/first choice so they can see what they are missing....things like a thirty min bag time...or less..and not a thirty min step or baggage loader time?????.........on a good day that is.
:D

Hounddog1
12th Jun 2010, 12:38
Not just at BHX, feels exactly the same way at STN

JamesKirk
14th Jun 2010, 19:47
Servisair BHX not a very happy place to work since takeover, apparently mostly aviance working principles have been adopted and Servisair staff made to feel that takeover was other way round.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/icon25.gif

Kasuga, You are joking arn't you when you say that all the aviance practises have been adopted at BHX, which are these then? from my prospective it seems that any Ex AVI practise has been over ridden regardless of whether they were better that the S/air one's, EG:
1) Pre allocation - AVI never used to do that as it could not react enough when flights are delayed even slightly. now we have staff on one aircraft when their next is on blocks waiting to be serviced.
2) Computer manpower programes - a waste of time as its only as good as the information inputted, yes the AVI way took longer to work out yet the end result was more realistic and we never had to panic recruit in the numbers that Servisair are doing now.
3) Charge for everything even if it costs you nothing - A sure fire way of pissing the airlines off and pushing them to another handler.

Lets face it the only saving grace for Servisair at the mo is that Pissport at BHX are a bag of she-ite and will be lucky to make it to Xmas, however airline pressure will soon force a 3rd handler to consider BHX and if that does come about there will be a long list of airlines (& staff) waiting in line.
Servisair BHX could have cemented a strong workbase with both Airlines & Staff yet through poor decisions and banal management they have upset virtually evryone including the airport management who are now cracking down on them.

JK

The96er
15th Jun 2010, 19:09
Kasuga, You are joking arn't you when you say that all the aviance practises have been adopted at BHX, which are these then? from my prospective it seems that any Ex AVI practise has been over ridden regardless of whether they were better that the S/air one's, EG:
1) Pre allocation - AVI never used to do that as it could not react enough when flights are delayed even slightly. now we have staff on one aircraft when their next is on blocks waiting to be serviced.
2) Computer manpower programes - a waste of time as its only as good as the information inputted, yes the AVI way took longer to work out yet the end result was more realistic and we never had to panic recruit in the numbers that Servisair are doing now.
3) Charge for everything even if it costs you nothing - A sure fire way of pissing the airlines off and pushing them to another handler.

Lets face it the only saving grace for Servisair at the mo is that Pissport at BHX are a bag of she-ite and will be lucky to make it to Xmas, however airline pressure will soon force a 3rd handler to consider BHX and if that does come about there will be a long list of airlines (& staff) waiting in line.
Servisair BHX could have cemented a strong workbase with both Airlines & Staff yet through poor decisions and banal management they have upset virtually evryone including the airport management who are now cracking down on them.

JK

Sounds just like at MAN too !! :rolleyes:

clearasmud154
11th Jul 2010, 15:18
Another ex aviancer here... as someone who is full manual W&B trained as well as Codeco and Libra, waiting upwards of fifteen minutes for a Codeco loadsheet I could have done myself in under a minute is farcical. aviance policies which worked better? Lets see... on top of those already posted by the96er...

4) Findnet. Pi**es all over the top of GHS. I think that says it all.
5) Staff training. New dispatchers, straight off the street, who couldn't tell one end of a plane from the other... I seem to recall a week shadowing, a week Codeco training, then another weeks on the job shadowing before even getting to touch a computer.
6) Management attitude. I don't think I could even approach Circusair management at my station with any problems without getting bo**ocked for something else entirely... "yes, I do see your point, but XYZ is my friend so I'm not taking any action. However, I'm giving you a 6 month warning for not having your hi-vis fastened"... !!!!! GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

Personally I'm just waiting for the big axe to fall on the remaining ex AVI staff up here, the sooner I get my hands on that money the better!!!

bhx1
15th Jul 2010, 18:19
if you are not aware, come october servisair will made a massive cut in staff at BHX at least 40% will go,the question is can they afford to get rid of all
those aviance staff? cheaper to get rid of all there own staff:ok:!!!
:{:{

kazzie
15th Jul 2010, 18:50
Waiting for a Loadsheet from CLC MAN can be dire at times.. esp when mistakes are made and you have to piss around sending messages to get it correct..

And you have qualified Load controllers in ops.. just Crazy... :sad:

I have been with Servisair for a while on and off.. Im back this summer on a Temp. But not banking on being kept on for the winter season. as much i absolutely love being a Dispatcher. times are harsh for the Industry.. le sigh!

GRIZZLER
17th Jul 2010, 13:18
more than likely......the servisair blokes will be very cheap to get rid of....but i have heard a few gripes from some servisair men that any o/t that is going the ex aviance blokes seem to get it as they are on a lower rate......its been nice knowing you all.
:ok:

exloadie
22nd Jul 2010, 18:56
not much different at LPL they took over easyjet and turned it into a bag of poo lost it to gate then took over the ryanair and are trying their utmost to cock that up:ugh: staff cuts por senior management and so I hear morale hit rock bottom so the manager produced spades to dig with.Brightside I hear is they had a 4.4% pay award this year