PDA

View Full Version : Swissport UK

Habana2118
31st May 2010, 21:53
Lets make this a general forum for Swissport.....

humper and dumper
1st Jun 2010, 13:51
First item on the agenda, Who thinks we are going to get a pay rise ??

Jen_Jen
1st Jun 2010, 17:40
Hahahaha, a what? Pay rise you say?
Not a chance.

J

silverstreak
3rd Jun 2010, 22:36
... Forget a payrise, whens Swissport opening in EDI!!!

Waving_tug_boy
4th Jun 2010, 10:12
Hopefully soon! Struggling on current wages!

TFY
4th Jun 2010, 14:40
At least you are getting some. lol

Waving_tug_boy
15th Jun 2010, 19:11
Swissport boxed arrived at Edi baggage hall today.....

The96er
15th Jun 2010, 19:32
Swissport boxed arrived at Edi baggage hall today....

and this means ????

Waving_tug_boy
15th Jun 2010, 19:52
I don't know just saying that there are some swissport boxes in the baggage hall...

Waving_tug_boy
15th Jun 2010, 21:12
I don't know just saying that there are some swissport boxes in the baggage hall...

racasanman
17th Jun 2010, 18:59
Rumours that the whole of Swissport training department at Manchester have been sacked .Any truth in this?

Hollymead
12th Jul 2010, 08:53
The employment tribunal hearing on the pay deal Swissport reneged on last year is now set for 9th November .

BBC News - Employment tribunals strengthened by new powers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8589695.stm)

ramprat0161
14th Jul 2010, 06:35
1 trainer was sacked and the other is on the sick. I will be suprised if the company will be at man by the end of the year.

simple minds
15th Jul 2010, 11:26
Sorry to burst your bubble but dont hold your breath for swissport going into Edi, or anywhere else at the moment !!!:bored:

number1delta
15th Jul 2010, 14:17
Hollymead

Is that a conformed date for the tribunal? Where will it be held?

I used to work for swissport so would I still qualify as I was there when the deal was agreed. Also what are the chances of a company actually winning something like this in your opinion?

Thanks

Hollymead
15th Jul 2010, 15:17
Yes thats a confirmed date and i think it's in East London somewhere . As for your other questions im afraid i would only be guessing and i dont want to get your hopes up . :ok:

TCX69
18th Jul 2010, 11:16
What's happening with Swissport at BHX? They were pretty big a few years ago but have recently lost or not renewed contracts for:

Mahan Air
Monarch
Turkmenistan Airlines

Plus after the MyTravel & First Choice mergers into Thomas Cook / Thomson Airways, Air Slovakia, Air Transat & TUIfly no longer operating into BHX, no more LTE that's a fair few less contracts. Wonder if BHX will turn into a Servisair-only airport?

call100
18th Jul 2010, 17:52
I don't think the airport will allow that. It's not in their interests to have only one HA. In fact they would like to see a third there ASAP. That said, they may have to wait until the aviation business picks itself up....

Hollymead
24th Jul 2010, 18:39
3rd Ramp Manager sacked within a matter of months at Stansted .

Once is unfortunate ...twice is careless ...three times is laughable incompetence .

DICK DASTERDLY
28th Jul 2010, 20:10
There Has Been Talk Of Swissport Coming To Edi For A While,they Have Been Granted A Licence I Think But That Means Nothing,servisair Have Too Much Work At Edi And Prob Could Do With Getting Rid Of One Or Two Of The Crappy Airlines, From What I Hear Swissport Have Massive Probs Of There Own And Are A Rubbish Company To Work For. The Airline Industry Is Struggling At The Moment And They Will Give Work To Whoever Is Cheapest, Thats How Menzies Get Contracts They Bid Low To Get The Work And Pay Staff **** Money,same All Over,wouldnt Move To Swissport Id Rather Leave All Together.

jordan_hughes
10th Mar 2011, 13:15
Hey.. Does anybody know who to contact at Swissport Manchester regarding jobs? Emails/phone numbers will also help. Thanks!

mantug01
10th Mar 2011, 20:26
For Swissport Manchester Jobs contact Premier Work Support (http://www.premierworksupport.co.uk/)

Gee08
11th Mar 2011, 17:15
Swissport At Edi
There Has Been Talk Of Swissport Coming To Edi For A While,they Have Been Granted A Licence I Think But That Means Nothing,servisair Have Too Much Work At Edi And Prob Could Do With Getting Rid Of One Or Two Of The Crappy Airlines, From What I Hear Swissport Have Massive Probs Of There Own And Are A Rubbish Company To Work For. The Airline Industry Is Struggling At The Moment And They Will Give Work To Whoever Is Cheapest, Thats How Menzies Get Contracts They Bid Low To Get The Work And Pay Staff **** Money,same All Over,wouldnt Move To Swissport Id Rather Leave All Together.

YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE. Menzies are dearer than most ground handlers, Easyjet are probably only one's who get it cheaper than the rest. Have you saw Menzies Profits from the Aviation sector? :ok:Why does all the ex Servisair/Alba staff who have been toupe'd all want menzies contract? Menzie's employee's walk out £100 more than servisair and £300 more than ex alba for the same job!!!Get Your Facts Next Time!!!:D

GRIZZLER
12th Mar 2011, 15:41
Wages are not the same at every airport....At STN Servisair Ramp get more than Menzies and Swissport....Ask any EX Servisair men that now work there.........but things are due to change:{ for the worse.

talk english
12th Mar 2011, 19:34
No,the wages at swissport are not as good as servisair,but lets face it servisair employees are overpaid and underworked.What contracts have they got?Air Berlin-just waiting to move airports.Air Asia-ditto.Thomas Cook-oh yes they moved to the future of Stn-swissport.Even their cargo operation is starting to look shaky.Panalpina and UPS went to swissport.What have servisair actually won in the last few years?As a final act of desperation they are now going to merge the ramp and cargo operations,too little too late and even that is going to be followed by even more redundancies.Servisair is a spent force.You were good once but no more.

jordan_hughes
12th Mar 2011, 19:49
Thanks mantug01, there are a couple of vacancies listed on the premier work support website, not sure who they're with though. I guess it doesn't matter who, I just want to get a job on the ramp for the summer after graduation.

TOWTEAMBASE
12th Mar 2011, 22:29
TALK ENGLISH

try the BMIbaby contract, 3flights a day. yes things are shakey at the mo, but we are not beaten until we turn out the lights and lock the door. I do like someone who takes delight in gloating when peoples jobs and livelyhoods are at risk. i hope for your sake you dont find out the hard way MATE

merrick
13th Mar 2011, 13:01
Havent Swissport taken on TCX at most of the bases they fly from?

GRIZZLER
13th Mar 2011, 16:13
Surely there must come a point in time when wages can only get so low......and you employ the dregs of the earth.....and safety will be compromised for the sake of a few bob.....thats why the bankers pay high wages and give big hand outs...to get the best workers.

I know I have said this on here before .....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....PAY PEANUTS GET MONKEYS WORK.

I would like to be a fly on the wall after April to see what happens to Servisair STN.;)....cargo men hate pax ramp work, ramp men hate cargo work, they all hate undercroft work....now they will all have to work together.....in harmony......oh and then there is the ex Aviance boys.

Sounds like a job for UNITED NATIONS to me.

Hounddog1
15th Mar 2011, 03:59
Oh yes a lot of worried people at STN with this merger of ramp into Cargo, no-ones job is safe anymore in either department, as you say they are a spent force. If BAWC could get into LHR, reckon that would be the end of them at STN..

scr1
15th Mar 2011, 09:39
Surely there must come a point in time when wages can only get so low......and you employ the dregs of the earth.....and safety will be compromised for the sake of a few bob.....thats why the bankers pay high wages and give big hand outs...to get the best workers.

And then bust the bank and have to be bailed out by the taxpayer

jordan_hughes
11th Apr 2011, 18:47
Hello.. I have an interview for a Dispatch job with Swissport, does anybody have any advice on the type of interview and what sort of questions they generally ask? Cheers

number1delta
13th Apr 2011, 16:49
Hi jordan

When I moved from groundstar stn to groundstar bhx about 8 years ago i was given a straight forward test. Just comtained a few weight and balance questions and that was it. Dont worry to much about it and everything will be tickerdeboo.

stanstedsteve
14th Apr 2011, 13:48
Its all mostly maths calculations etc, If you can add and subtract then you will be OK
SS

jordan_hughes
17th Apr 2011, 13:30
Thanks stanstedsteve and number1delta, interview is tomorrow and getting pretty nervous, I shall let you know how it went.

jordan_hughes
21st Apr 2011, 19:13
Pleased to say I got the job! The interview was very relaxed and there were no tests or calculation involved at all which I was very surprised about. Cannot wait to start training now..

British Grenadier
27th Apr 2011, 20:01
As Cliff Richards use to say , Congratulations ...........................:D:D:D

kasuga
20th Jun 2011, 08:26
Looks like tcx at bhx may be returning to servisair in the winter as massively unimpressed with swissport and the number of handling delays.

Most Of the other carrriers have signed new contracts with servisair, future not looking too rosy for swissport. :(:{

The96er
20th Jun 2011, 13:55
Looks like TCX at BHX may be returning to Servisair in the winter as massively unimpressed with swissport and the number of handling delays.

Most Of the other carrriers have signed new contracts with Servisair, future not looking too rosy for Swissport.

As long as a handling agent is prepared to do the job cheaper than the opposition, then the airline will stay. Even though airlines might bleat on about service, the only thing that really counts is the bottom line !

Flyboy543
20th Jun 2011, 20:46
I think Swissport at LGW may need some more pushback drivers after what somebody did yesterday!

You get what you pay for....

Bagmanlgw
21st Jun 2011, 07:05
I do believe that the handling off all airlines at Gatwick is raising concerns both with managment at Gatwick and head office in BIrmingham

TCX transfer from Servisair seems to have gone particulary badly with many handling delays incured and poor service

There just does not seem to be enough staff in the buisnes to handle the volume of work now taken on

Nor most inportantly the experience needed

We still have the peak summer months to come and not a hope in hell of handling the contracts at Gatwick

Will be amased if we do not loose a couple of big contracts at the end of the
summer