PDA

View Full Version : Comander of Canadian forces sent home

clunckdriver
30th May 2010, 14:28
Looks like we in Canada have another senior officer in S----T The comander of our forces in Afganistan has been sent home acused of " improper conduct" this on top of being fined $3000 last week for discharging a firearm in a dangerous manner. With our base comander of CFB Trenton in the clink awaiting trial on murder and rape charges we can only wonder what comes next! Maybe its time to get back to promoting from the ranks instead of RMC grads!

diginagain
30th May 2010, 15:08
Yes, it does rather look like someone has committed a faux pas/balls-up.

glad rag
30th May 2010, 17:04
Go search Michael Yon for the reasons.....:(

Gnd
30th May 2010, 17:31
Is 'balls-up' a joke or the reason?

GreenKnight121
30th May 2010, 22:49
Both.

Commander of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan sacked - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/7786707/Commander-of-Canadian-Forces-in-Afghanistan-sacked.html)

The Canadian commander who was due to lead the forthcoming Kandahar offensive has been fired following “inappropriate conduct” involving a female soldier.

Brig-Gen Daniel Ménard, who is married with two children, was sacked for conduct unbecoming an officer and a loss of confidence in his “capacity to command”.

Canadian public television, citing military sources, said he was allegedly having an affair with a woman on his staff.

He had just returned from a three-week holiday in Canada, during which his court martial regarding the rifle incident took place, when he was informed of his sacking. He was ordered to leave Afghanistan immediately. The female soldier could also face disciplinary action.

At his court martial, Brig-Gen Ménard pleaded guilty and was fined $3,500 (£2,400).

A statement said that his removal was due to “inappropriate conduct related to the Canadian Forces Personal Relationships and Fraternisation directives”.

Nato standing orders in Afghanistan state: “Sexual activity or any other form of intimate contact in any context with another individual is prohibited anywhere in the Joint Task Force Afghanistan Area of Operations.”

glad rag
30th May 2010, 23:38
forthcoming Kandahar offensive

and there ladies and gents is why we will never win.............:oh:

Diablo Rouge
31st May 2010, 08:24
Nato standing orders in Afghanistan state: “Sexual activity or any other form of intimate contact in any context with another individual is prohibited anywhere in the Joint Task Force Afghanistan Area of Operations.”

Since Adam gave Eve one; that type of 'directive' has not been worth the paper it has been written on. To the point that one wonders why they even considered it. This case has the hallmarks of a conspiracy set-up in which unfortunately he gave the 'system' the ammunition in which to conduct a sucessfull clearance Op. I may be wrong; he may be a grade one plonker in a position that could have cost lives, but I have seen this scenario played out unfairly within the Royal Air Force in the recent past, and a talented individuals (long service) career totalled. Toxic Leadership or fair play; I wonder which:

The trend towards longer tours in the sand pit will do little to lesson the 'inappropriate behavour' that ones body and mind considers to be perfectly normal.

Double Zero
31st May 2010, 10:03
This sort of thing was absolutely guaranteed to happen the second forces allowed women in.

I am not anti-women, don't get me wrong, but Mother Nature is a lot stronger than even the best military discipline; witness the pathetic surrender of the R.N. to pirates a while ago, when the woman shoudn't have been there, but no doubt was sent for political reasons; the Marines must cringe at the thought.

Forget political correctness, it's supposed to be a war; do the Russians let women on their ships ?

I honestly don't know, but if they do, I'd bet it's either A, go for it and both be ready to fight like hell in the morning, B, get shot for a quick fondle...

This Canadian chap sounds to me like a victim of the pressure he was under, with a shoulder to lean on who knew what was going on, who happened to be female, so...

TBM-Legend
31st May 2010, 10:19
well at least it wasn't "Adam and Steve".....:=

clunckdriver
31st May 2010, 10:22
As my old CO said of such affairs, "Remember the eleventh comandment, thy shall not put thy rod into thy staff," this of course was "before PC"."

Double Zero
31st May 2010, 10:58
I should have said ' allowed women into front-line positions ' ( ooh err, everything I say seems to have an unintentional double entendre ) !

It was always quite fair game for officers to bag WAAF's or Wren's ashore - or vice versa - it's when they're truly together in adversity that marriages back home get into trouble...

Capetonian
31st May 2010, 11:57
There are several good expressions in Spanish for saying don't mix pleasure with business.

"Donde comas no cagues"
"Donde tengas la olla, no metas la polla"

Literally : "Don't crap where you eat", and "Don't put your dick where your food is"

zlocko2002
31st May 2010, 12:23
Did anybody tried not to crap for 6 months? in toilet available enviroment? :-)

glad rag
31st May 2010, 14:54
The Bridge (http://www.michaelyon-online.com/the-bridge.htm)

Neptunus Rex
31st May 2010, 15:37
Why did God make Canadians?
To let Australians seem couth!

clunckdriver
31st May 2010, 16:15
Having lived in both "The Great White North", and the "Inverted Sand Box" I think they are both a dead heat when it comes to couth, or lack of same,however they are both better than being a Pom {Bloke in Quebec}

cattleclass
31st May 2010, 18:13
Oh come on mate, River side Richmond on a sunny day, or up by Isleworth, it's priceless, and there's no Aussie beach, or Canuck lakeside, that can compare to it, just for that one moment,:ok:

GreenKnight121
1st Jun 2010, 00:50
"One moment" of a sunny day is all you get in London!

At least Oz gets weeks & weeks of the stuff... without a rain shower to break it up.