PDA

View Full Version : Director of Ops position UK

Mladen Ostir
30th May 2010, 06:16
Does anyone know which Company is advertising for the Director of Ops position in the UK?

I'd wonder what the going rate for that type of position for a corporate outfit would be..... job security may be another question given the nosedive Europe is about to take off the monetary cliff!

It's not often those jobs appear on public notices such as flightglobal.

:ok:

Vannin
30th May 2010, 11:15
I know Ocean Sky UK have been looking ..............:hmm:

Chuck Spanner
31st May 2010, 17:53
That's really interesting. Does anyone have any more information?

NuName
1st Jun 2010, 05:41
Why not just contact the advertiser? There seems to be a growing reluctance for jobseekers to do the obvious. You don't have to give up all your information at the start, if they are genuine you will get all the info you need, if they are not it will become apparent very quickly. While you are posting here someone else may be getting the job. You could pick up all kinds of bum steers here, get it from the horses mouth.

Southern Apron
1st Jun 2010, 10:14
I know Ocean Sky UK have been looking ..............http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif

Still? Didn't the previous guy leave ages ago?

global707
1st Jun 2010, 15:12
Twin Jet...Luton

Kerling-Approsh KG
2nd Jun 2010, 19:50
For a decent post, full time, assuming the company operates jet equipment, and depending upon size of the fleet...

£80K bottom rung; £200K top rung with proven track record; top management at BA etc rather more... At that end, people will be demonstrating that they are delivering efficiency, reliability, and cost-control, and will bolster their position in pay negotiations with those facts at their finger-tips.

Daifly
3rd Jun 2010, 01:58
£200k?!

There must be about one case of that and it's probably NetJets.

£100k tops for bizjet operators.

choxs
3rd Jun 2010, 12:32
Its TwinJet LTN - I would imagine you would be looking at around 60-80K for the role

diesel862
3rd Jun 2010, 16:25
Not Twinjet, DFO already hired.

Maybe Astraeus.

Vince

Kerling-Approsh KG
3rd Jun 2010, 20:39
I should have been more specific; my figures relate to airline operators and GA. £200K is not unachievable in a large, profitable, operation.

I don't know what they are paying, but Twinjet should be paying £100K for captains, and therefore at least £125K, say, for a DFO.

StressFree
6th Jun 2010, 14:57
Twinjet £100k for captains???????????

Christ I just fell off my chair..........:eek:

What do you reckon Diesel862? Before or after the 10% :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Cheers Vince :ok:

diesel862
7th Jun 2010, 16:39
Hello Stressfree

Just come back from holiday, I think that post was a typo 10K for captains after the 10% rofl.

Kerling-Approsh KG
7th Jun 2010, 20:10
Yep, there's a world of difference between 'should be' and 'are'; the difference depends upon the values of the operator...

Old King Coal
9th Jun 2010, 05:00
Astraeus: Apply for the Director of Flight Operations job posted by Astraeus, AviationJobSearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/airline_management/west_sussex/director_of_flight_operations-66592.html)