PDA

View Full Version : Anybody left with Cheyenne IIXL experience?

balaton
29th May 2010, 19:56
Hi dear classic turboprop driver,
Since it is virtually impossible to find any training material on the Cheyenne IIXL, only the rather "abbreviated" (to be polite) Piper AFM I try this forum to ask some questions.
1. The takeoff T/Q limit is 1714 lb/ft , the climb limit is 1383 lb/ft and the max cruise is 1714 again. Why do we have this climb pwr restriction?
2. How could the air-cycle-type air cond. system cope with high OAT ground ops? Is it adequate? (I have doubts based on Citation 500 series experience.)Any tricks to cool the cabin rapidly?
3. The AFM says that when you pull one prop to feather the ACM bypass valve opens and hot bleed air is fed directly to the cabin bypassing the ACM to obtain some additional eng pwr in single eng situation. Is it true for ground ops? I mean, does the bypass valve open when the prop is feathered during taxí?
4. Any other notes fn IIXL ops.
Your help is appreciated,
b

A-3TWENTY
30th May 2010, 05:47
Great Airplane, I flew it 17 years ago and loved it.But I don`t have any material and can`t help you.

Enjoy the toy

A-3TWENTY

jetopa
30th May 2010, 06:28
Same for me - I flew this machine many years ago and liked it.

There is a company in Cologne, Germany called Quick Air Services which used to operate it for years. Try to get ahold of the company's managing director, Mr. J.B., who used to be examiner on this airplane. Maybe he can be of any help...

152wiseguy
30th May 2010, 07:42
This company in Finland are operating one: Airecon - Welcome to Fly with Us - Yhteystiedot (http://www.airecon.fi/yhteystiedot)

Don't worry about the website being in Finnish, they will all be able to speak english.