PDA

View Full Version : Scary to fly with malaysia airlines.

CS-TFP
29th May 2010, 04:41
Hey everyone,
6 months ago i bought my flight from SYD to KUL with malaysia to go on the 20th of june 2010 wich is in 3 weeks, and im actually quite scared to fly with them, i know its a very good airline bum im still scared, after all they're malaysian and probably their aircraft maintenance its not the best one or maybe im quite wrong. So please post your opinions i want to make sure at least they're worth it!

Best regards

leewan
29th May 2010, 08:17
I have some questions to ask u first regarding your post.

What is your basis for coming to the conclusion or opinion of " they're malaysian and probably their aircraft maintenance its not the best one"
And why did you still choose to fly with them after having such an opinion ?:confused:MH engineering is one of the leading MROs in this region with even QF sending their a/c there. They have quite a number of third party clients. Their maintenance personnel, AFAIK, are top notch.In fact, the last I heard was that QF was in talks on a joint venture of opening an MRO with MH.
Qantas Signs MOU to Establish Airframe MRO Facility in Malaysia | AVIATION WEEK (http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_generic.jsp?channel=mro&id=news/qan12197.xml&headline=Qantas%20Signs%20MOU%20to%20Establish%20Airframe%20 MRO%20Facility%20in%20Malaysia)

Although I've never heard of anything since then on the updates of this MOU.

AFStarliner
29th May 2010, 09:28
Like Leewan said, your opinion seems to be based on any serious consideration, nor real knowledge of Malaysian Airlines and malaysian aviation.

I'm a bit shocked that such preconceived idea remains in 2010 :sad:

Anyway, fly relax and enjoy Malaysian service!

Capetonian
29th May 2010, 09:36
I would suggest if this is what you think of Malaysian, cancel your flight. I'm sure they don't need passengers like you, in fact I doubt if any airline does. Have you ever flown before? Did Mummy hold your hand?

212man
29th May 2010, 09:55
Well, I guess from your user name you should cancel and go TAP! They're great - never have any problems or errors.....

411A
30th May 2010, 17:36
Hmmm, I seem to remember a certain airline's aircraft were sent for re-painting to Malaysia, and the results were not at all satisfactory...one airplane had to be scrapped, as I recall, due to severe scoring of the aluminum skin.:ugh:

Storminnorm
31st May 2010, 13:31
Now Now girls. Settle down.

This post is just a mickey-take I feel.

Flying anywhere with anyone is bl**dy risky at the best of times.

Alber Ratman
31st May 2010, 18:46
Any painter in any country is dumb enough to scribe line aircraft lap joints..:eek:

matkat
1st Jun 2010, 12:34
Did a full part 145 audit on them 2 years ago, no findings of any note.

Beaver man
1st Jun 2010, 20:29
Your loss CS, I've flown with them a couple of times and had no problms at all. In fact, if this is anything to go by, I'd rather fly with them than BA. Mind you, I'd rather fly with almost anyone than BA!!