PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have to keep adjusting my mouse.

magpienja
28th May 2010, 15:48
Hi guys, for some reason each time I turn on my pc the mouse pointer has changed it scroll speed and moves quite slow, I go into the control panel and change the speed, click apply and ok and all is fine, but next time I turn on its back to its old speed,

Any ideas guys.

Nick.

rgbrock1
28th May 2010, 17:21
What kind of mouse? USB or PS/2? Did it come with drivers? If so, reinstall the drivers.

magpienja
28th May 2010, 18:04
It has the old style plug on it not a USB, I dont think I have the driver for it.

Nick.

rambletamble
29th May 2010, 00:38
First off I haven't heard of that particular problem before, and the last poster's advice about reinstalling drivers sounds right.

I hope this doesn't sound like a cop-out, 'cos it's not meant to be, but you could be chasing this for more time than it's worth. A new optical mouse can make the world of difference to your enjoyment of your PC. I have tried plenty of cheap mice and they drove me nuts.

Personally I find Microsoft mice the best. I have the one with an extra button each side, and you can set the extra buttons to do whatever you feel like. I've set them as Copy and Paste 'cos I do a lot of that. You can set them do to Browser Back button or anything. If you do get another mouse, install the driver on the CD that comes with it.

magpienja
29th May 2010, 08:55
Hopefully I may have sorted it, RT funny you should mention an optical mouse as that's what I did use but stated having probs with it, so I plugged in the one I am using now,

When I was looking into which drivers were being used I found that it was listing the old optical mouse, so I un-installed that and fingers crossed it appears ok now,

I do agree the optical is much better and I will get a new one,

So many thanks guys it looks like it was a driver prob.

Nick.