PDA

View Full Version : Titan nose wheel collapse at LST

tasdevil.f27
28th May 2010, 10:20
A PILOT and about five passengers escaped without injury when the nose wheel of the Titan aircraft they were travelling in collapsed upon landing at Launceston Airport this morning.Airlines of Tasmanian managing director Donald Wells said the plane landed about 8.30am after a chartered flight from Flinders Island and that passengers on board hardly felt the landing.
Mr Wells said the only damage to the plane was some paint off the nose, but that engineers would assess the plane today.
"It's the first incident we've had of this nature for 20 years,'' he said.
Not the first time CCN has had landed gear issues!
Needs 2 new donks and some panel work.

tasdevil.f27
28th May 2010, 10:23
Lucky escape for airline passengers - Local News - News - Disasters & Accidents - The Examiner Newspaper (http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/news/disasters-accidents/lucky-escape-for-airline-passengers/1843093.aspx)

404 Titan
28th May 2010, 15:37
One of my favourite aircraft types but the nose wheel was a known weakness. Apart from the actuation mechanism it is essentially the same nose wheel assembly as on the C310. It didn’t tolerate being abused by pilots that liked taxiing fast especially around corners and had to be treated with care on rough runways. Not saying this is the cause here but a nose wheel failure on a C404 doesn’t surprise me.

ozangel
29th May 2010, 02:40
Is this the same CCN that was at Coffs Coast Jet Centre back around 2002/03?

tasdevil.f27
29th May 2010, 09:41
One should always read ones post before posting it :rolleyes:

Pilot was aware of the the nose wheel issue before landing, airport was on standby.
Originally could not raise the gear on departure, then lost the front wheel indicator light.

Socket
30th May 2010, 23:14
Mr Wells said the only damage to the plane was some paint off the nose, but that engineers would assess the plane today.

I think he will find that the Props and Donks are part of the aircraft.:rolleyes: