PDA

View Full Version : extension on Jaa Class1, help please

dougy24
27th May 2010, 17:33
Hi all

I am off to fly abroad for a 2 month period and my Class 1 expires on 1st July, is it possible to get a temp extension on for a 2 month period, or will I have to come back to UK before it expires to renew, I cant get it done before as I am out the country.

Cant find any info on this at all, but am sure I read once that it could be temp extended for short period of time.

Thanks in advance

kenparry
31st May 2010, 09:49
There was a CAA notice a few weeks ago that specified an extension regime - but was limited exclusively to crew trapped down-route by the ash problems. AFAIK, extensions are simply not possible for the circumstances you specify.

If you don't intend to fly while you are away, it's not a problem - the renewal test is the same as the revalidation, and the new cert will run from the date of your medical examination.

One way round the problem is to find a JAA AME in the country you are going to, in which case this Medical Examiners Database Search | Medical | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=65&appid=21) might be useful.

FlyingStone
31st May 2010, 09:56
If your Class 1 expires on 1st July, why don't you renew it now? As per JAR-FCL-3.105, you can renew a valid Class 1 medical certificate in 45 days prior to expiration date. New certificate would be of course then valid until 1st July 2011.

Of course, I'm not familiar with UK CAA, but this is basic JAR-FCL-3 rule.