PDA

View Full Version : any inside info ?

davidwright264
27th May 2010, 13:07
was given this site address while routing for some information on the companies that hold the contracts for servicing at all the big air lines virgin, ba , thomas cook etc my situation is im currently serving in the british army and am due to leave in oct as im still paid till January im looking to carry out some voluntary work for 4 months to work towards my type rating before commencing my b1 licence in jan i have 8 years aircraft experience and am just trying to plot out potential new career paths and target potential employers

any feed back would be welcomed gladly

Dodo56
1st Jun 2010, 14:45
You need to speak to the airlines directly, there is no magic back door. Be prepared for a rough ride though, as people are queuing at the doors for unpaid internships to gain hands-on experience. Contrary to what some folk think the airlines don't want unpaid hands in the hangars, since every trainee needs to be supervised by an experienced man which takes him away from what he could otherwise be doing.

Good luck anyway. Try approaching local flying clubs as a possible foot in the door.

Alber Ratman
1st Jun 2010, 19:59
Have you done any B1.1 modules and are you wanting to work on planks? Is any of your time on fixed, or is it all rotary? A REME with rotary experience is not going to find it easy to get work in the plank community, especially at the present moment.:eek:

Alber Ratman
1st Jun 2010, 20:03
Oh, the four months OJT for a type rating?? You ain't going to get the required worksheets in that time for a first rating.. not unless you and an LAE are lying through their back teeth (or you have done the King Air purple type thingy).

Miles Gustaph
8th Jun 2010, 17:44
If your in the Army why don't you get yourself a Helicopter license?

and don't FBH have a huge base just up the road from Telford operating AS50 and B412 helicopters, they may even take you on as a connie and pay you