PDA

View Full Version : Needed...AOA changes

Furious
27th May 2010, 08:47
Gentlemen

WE can defend the AOA as much as we like... And we can shoot down those that proclaim the AOA is not effective in securing us fair and equitable COS letalone prevent the current degredation of our conditions...

The truth however is that CX is having a field day at our expense and nothing is going to change unless we do....Our current COS are being dragged thru the mud and I predict things will get much worse...

I support the AOA completely but not in it's current form...We need to get hard with these guys...We need professional negotiators full stop. If the company refuse to talk then fine. SO do we and we implement the terms of our contract...

This job is in decline... Just give it a few years with the new management appointees and see where you stand.....

40Deg STH
27th May 2010, 11:28
Well said!! I agree. STOP. We need to go big picture, not SO promotion, not Local housing...............Maintaining 60 years of conditions and that will lead to all these brush fires being put out and covering all the PILOTS of CX pacific. No matter what rank or origin.....We work for CX

bonaqua
27th May 2010, 11:47
We need to take a leaf out of the Cabin Crews book and firstly protest at CX city with lots of media and ballot for strike action. This will get our COS's upheld within a few days if not hours. We are not asking for pay rises just what our COS state!! ENOUGH, ACT NOW!

boxjockey
27th May 2010, 14:48
Wait, what? I'm asking for a payrise.

box

Kitsune
27th May 2010, 18:21
"I support the AOA completely but not in it's current form...We need to get hard with these guys...We need professional negotiators full stop. If the company refuse to talk then fine. SO do we and we implement the terms of our contract...

This job is in decline... Just give it a few years with the new management appointees and see where you stand....."

The very same reasoning that made us old farts buy in a trained union negotiator by the name of JF...

Before you do anything in this vein, I suggest that you first buy 2,500 backbones... perhaps the cabin crew will rent you some:cool:

PNM
28th May 2010, 04:29
There's an announcement today from the HKAOA that I find encouraging!

Free Flight
28th May 2010, 08:32
JF? an asset? - at least you didn't say "professional" nor "motivated" nor "selfless".

One of the basic issues that has been holding this union back over the past 10+ years is the lack of professional support.
Just look to see when JF last turned up into the office on time?
Compare this with his predecessor - Brian was a worker and a gentleman and he was effective. I'll never forget him going to the company with a court order already in his pocket for breach of contract.

Waste of space and my money - where's the support to the leadership, the strategic planning and direction, the position papers, the communications to the troops to explain the path and expectations we are following.

It's the volunteers that do all the work, for which I thank them.

Anyone been to a physical meeting recently?

Might just pack up my bag and join the FAU.