PDA

View Full Version : CAA medical dept at Gatwick

juswonnafly
14th Dec 2000, 02:02
Hi guys, I have not visited this forum for a few weeks so forgive me if what I am about to say has already been said!

I recently had a medical investigation at Gatwick and my class one renewal at the same time. I have to say that I found ALL the staff to be very friendly and helpful indeed. (even the security guards!)

Is this the new face of the CAA?

I know they look at these pages and with that in mind I wish to say 'Thank you'

We all spend too much time (me included)knocking the CAA

Keep up the good work CAA

JWF http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Bird Strike
14th Dec 2000, 12:58
I've found that CAA has always been quite helpful, from the security guard to the FCL staff normally, when I had dealings with CAA.

The only complaints from me were bureaucracy, the 'telephone queue and that awful repetitive music' and sometimes not knowing what's going on (but that's not the staff's fault, but the legislation not being clearly in place, I guess)... but as I said, the people in general have been helpful, or at least tried to help.

mach78
14th Dec 2000, 21:20
Tell that to the guys who lose their licence and who have to fight very hard against this bureaucratic monster to regain their licences, taken away often on the flimsiest of evidence.

squidge
30th Dec 2000, 19:01
Have just had major problems getting my Class 1 back 'cos of CAA medical branch. Wouldn't mind but I'm certainly not the only one at my unit (past and present)to have had problems. It seems some paperwork got lost which they told me that they had not 2 days before! Getting your licence back seems more stress inducing than losing it in the first place!
Still, I got it back, not many thanks to them and I would just like to show my appreciation for NATS med branch LHR!!! Thanks guys!