PDA

View Full Version : Flying N registered aircraft in Europe

Kittycat
26th May 2010, 18:35
Can someone please help! :ugh:
Is there any airlines/companies in Europe that is operating N registered aircraft and employing pilots with FAA ATP licenses, but European citizenship.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

INNflight
26th May 2010, 19:31
Lots of private jet operators, you could also get a VP-B / VP-C / VQ- / M- validation for your license and fly a bizjet in Europe with a FAA license, but...

a.) these jobs are basically never advertised, it's only about knowing people in the business

b.) you'll need plenty of jet hours for those jobs, def. not low-time material

c.) it's just really all about who you know.

To sum it up, your chances are higher (actually low, but not as low anymore :\) if you'd convert to a JAA license.

Kittycat
27th May 2010, 06:18
INNflight, thanks very much for your answer.
Yes, I search the internet last night, but could not seem to find any operator, so I realized that they are not big on advertising...!!

zondaracer
31st May 2010, 21:23
Check on climbto350 dot com, there are lots of N Registered jobs in Europe flying private type jets. More than I expected. Good luck

Piripi
3rd Jun 2010, 10:25
zonda racer that is true, but they all require time on type and the actual TR.

spithakos
10th Sep 2011, 21:27
What is VP-B / VP-C / VQ- / M- validation ?

zondaracer
10th Sep 2011, 21:45
Those are aircraft registration prefixes of countries where rich people like to deposit their money and register their airplanes and yachts. You can add 3A to the list, as I think they also validate FAA licenses.

Aircraft registration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_registration#section_5)