PDA

View Full Version : What should I do???

ASHTAM
26th May 2010, 17:15
I am in a little pickle here...........basically my IR is due for its first renewal which would be done in the sim, and there is a job that I MIGHT be offered with a company that is aviation related (not a pilot sadly), but the job will be asking for a contract to be signed for 18-24 months as they are fully aware that I want to be a pilot and could well leave when the market picks up.
If it was you would you take the job and do your IR as well, even though you will need to do it possibly twice more, or take the job and save money and do the IR when the market picks up?
What would do think?

Any views?

Thank you :)

stansdead
26th May 2010, 17:52
Take the job. Do your IR, keep it current. Do any flying you can alongside your job.

Keep looking for Piloting jobs. Take the first one you get offered.

Do not, under any circumstances, allow yourself to become a 3 or 4 year old FATPL holder who hasn't flown for 2 or 3 years. You will never be employable.....

ASHTAM
26th May 2010, 18:18
hey thanks for the reply. Ok that sounds like a good plan, but if i sign up for a 18-24 months contract it will be very difficult to leave if i get an offer for a FO

redsnail
26th May 2010, 20:18
What is the alternative? Unemployment?

There probably isn't going to be a lot of movement for low houred pilots for at least a year, probably 2. (IMHO only)