PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific written test for TSE

rkdis
26th May 2010, 06:30
Hi,
Anyone has idea about what type of queations being asked in Cathay Pacific written test for Tehnical Services Engneers

matkat
26th May 2010, 11:52
You should brush up on Your spelling before attempting them, likely to be more of a test of Your English than anything else.

MATMAX
26th May 2010, 14:03
rkdis,
i am not going to be helpful too , sorry , but go for it and be yourself.
if you are sticking to the position then you will be hired , otherwise if you are "cheating" , one day you will be in a deap s..t , maybe ...

spannersatcx
27th May 2010, 02:57
Q. Somebody e-mails you with a problem that you do not know the answer to do you...

a, ignore it and hope it goes away
b, answer a completely different question ignoring the problem
c, pass it to an expat and avoid all responsibility
d. all of the above and get promoted to a position you are incapable of doing.

:eek:

Blacksheep
27th May 2010, 07:33
Somebody e-mails you with a problem that you do not know the answer to do you...A question I can't answer? I suppose somebody might, one day. In the meantime. Ho-hum. ;)

The best advice I can give to any prospective TSE is to get to know your Boeing/Airbus/PW/GE/RR/Honeywell reps very well and very quickly. They're the guys who have access to the Big Book of Answers back at the design office.

If I had to check out a prospective TSE's credentials I'd ask him/her to explain the difference between a Boeing Service Bulletin and a Service Letter. It looks simple, but it isn't. :suspect:

Old Fella
27th May 2010, 08:52
Don't know about the tech questions, but one bit of advice "don't show any sign of being in favour of Unionism"

Hodd
27th May 2010, 10:58
I applied for a Tech Services (Airframer) position with Cathay two years ago.

That test contained mostly Airframe specific questions, so I assume the tests are specific for each area of Tech Services. About 75% of the interview was then based on my test answers.

If you are applying for an Airframer position, let me know and I will give as much info as I can remember.