PDA

View Full Version : Hooray, we're shafted!

superfrozo
25th May 2010, 00:02
Well, it's offficial: the "new" CX/KA profit-share scheme includes the now standard 1/2 month salary cap. :hmm:

Yay.

On a purely egotistical note - can I just say how I'm proud I am of being the starting poster on the latest whinge thread! :}

AAIGUY
25th May 2010, 03:55
not quite

we ALL get 6,000 each to start and the a multiple of our monthly salary..

christn
25th May 2010, 06:24
The formula has been designed to favour the lower paid ie less qualified.

When the new FTLs are introduced we will be working harder, reducing safety margins, reducing our life expectancy and seeing our families less. The profit share formula does not reflect that!

NgongPing-man
25th May 2010, 07:52
superfrozo: You mean to tell me only now do you realize you are shafted?! A little late to the game don't ya think? Of course, I heard HKA is hiring. (Just kidding). :}

Dan Winterland
25th May 2010, 09:55
"On a purely egotistical note - can I just say how I'm proud I am of being the starting poster on the latest whinge thread!"

From the glass half full perspective, I'm happy that we work for one of the handful of airlines which actually posted a profit - and get a share of it!

Capt Vertigo
25th May 2010, 09:59
I heard HKA is hiring.

So is AHK.. and Air China !! :ok:

Heard some rumour economics consultants had come to Cathay City sometime end 2009 to restructure flight ops... seem to be coming true and is surfacing slowly. :rolleyes:

Safe flying!

ron burgandy
25th May 2010, 14:57
Why are the gains, and/or losses, that arise from selling investments in other companies, not included in the profit share calculation?

and

Swire Pacific and Cathay Pacific announce agreement to sell HACTL interests
The sale is valued at HK$1,279,872,000 for Swire Pacific and HK$640 million for Cathay Pacific. Both companies will use the proceeds for general working capital purposes.

:rolleyes: