PDA

View Full Version : Heads up Panorama: A Very British Hero will air on BBC One at 8.30pm tonight.

NutLoose
24th May 2010, 19:14
Didn't know if to post this, but just to let you know it's on.

Christina Schmid speaks about her concerns for those still in country.

Widow of bomb expert Staff Sergeant Olaf Schmid says fatigue played part in his death - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/7758124/Widow-of-bomb-expert-Staff-Sergeant-Olaf-Schmid-says-fatigue-played-part-in-his-death.html)

tarantonight
24th May 2010, 19:19
Definately worth a look.

Low Ball
25th May 2010, 07:48
On Panorama last night and an excellent half hours viewing. Christina S continues to come across as an amazing woman.

Some interesting questions arise from this; is there any coincidence that the head of trade resigns his commission on the same day that the programme is screened? and who on earth put a ban on training new operators for 18 months when we are told it takes 6 to 7 years to fully train an individual to the 'high threat' status?

Huge respect for all the Felix teams.

Low Ball

Jumping_Jack
25th May 2010, 09:22
...another interesting point is that said Col is leaving to set up an Explosives education & training business....a bit of PR perhaps? Col Seddon resigned some time ago, only now has it been made public for this progamme. Cynic? Me?:hmm:

dead_pan
25th May 2010, 09:27
Col Seddon resigned some time ago

I'd heard this to. The timing of this announcement was impeccable.

Wander00
25th May 2010, 09:59
Hope the politicians were watching. Greatest respect to the man, and also to his wife. Lot of dust around in our sitting rioom last night.

RIP

RookiePilot
25th May 2010, 18:09
Pay them double. Unbelievable work, I wouldn't have the balls for it.