PDA

View Full Version : CE680 Citation Sovereign

lumpy88
24th May 2010, 15:29
Hi,
does anyone have an idea where to find some complex materials about Sovereign landing gear and brakes? I have part of operating manual from smartcockpit.com but my teacher finds it insufficient(what are gear down locks, ... not mentioned in AOM)..
The best would be probably some kind of maintenence documentation..
Any idea? :ugh:

Thanks
Roman

His dudeness
24th May 2010, 16:28
Well the text in the OM is nearly the same than in the FSI Manual, (regsrding the locks) which is part of a approved course...

The mx manual costs something like 600USD. Canīt you ask at the mx shop the aeroplane your supposed to fly on is or will be on contract?

BTW, why has the "teacher" not the material to teach you? Very strange IMO...

lumpy88
24th May 2010, 17:01
well it's not like that... it's just part of general aircraft knowledge and we were supposed to describe some a/c system precisely.. My bad was probably choosing CE680 as far as I'm unable to find some more complex materials..
well i'll try to ask some company for study help :rolleyes:
Just in case anyone has any relevant info, please let me know :-)

BR
Roman

Pugachev Cobra
25th May 2010, 04:36
Have you tried this?

AFM References (http://www.ce680.com/AFM_References.html)

lumpy88
28th May 2010, 09:28
yes, i know that, is't exactly the thing, which was unsufficient..
my biggest problem is that i don't really get, how the gear is locked when it's extended by the aux. air? Is there something?

thanks
Roman

orion1210
29th May 2010, 11:29
The 680 downlocks, like all citations, are integral to the actuators. In simple terms there is a key way in the piston which when in the down position a pair of integral hooks fall into thus locking the actuator and gear down. A 'collar' then keeps them there. The trapped hyd pressure then ensures the collar does not move. The only way to unlock is with retract hyd pressure.

Any time the actuator travels to the down lock position it will lock, however it is not positive enough to bare the weight of the aircraft. Therefore, although the gear will free fall to down and locked and give three greens, there is a nitrogen bottle which can be discharged, applying the pressure required to positively lock.

Hope this helps

lumpy88
1st Jun 2010, 17:44
orion1210 thank you very much!
That was exactly the thing i needed to know and thanks to you I passed the exam :-)