PDA

View Full Version : HeavyLift Cargo Operator

Roy Fordham
24th May 2010, 04:08
Would be most interested to receive any news of HeavLift Australia/Asia ops, in the light of no perceived movement of the Belfast or 727's that were operating out of Cairns airport Nth Qld.
Guessing this is a result of ongoing governmental dis-interest in the private sector of aviation in Cairns.

As an historical aircraft enthusiast, I was always very happy to see the Belfast operational, it's very saddening to see this aircraft just sitting idle, in a very visible area on the GA side of the airport.:confused:

Any news or rumours would be appreciated, I'd love to see, and hear, the old girl flying again. :)

Givem a spray
23rd May 2012, 09:08
I Agree - My understanding is that that particular Belfast is the only one remaining operational - the last of the Mohicans so to speak. Would be fantastic to see "Guppy" in an aviation museum.

HeavyLift haaven't operated their BNE - POM/HIR service for more that 2 years.

There was a 737-400 series sporting there livery sitting at Brisbane for about 18 months but the aircraft never took to the skies. The rumour was that there was a protracted legal dispute over ownership and payment of the B737-400 which resulted in court action in NSW and Heavylift being wound up.

I was through Brisbane the other day and noticed that, the B737-400 was gone - I suspect the owners flew it back to the USA.

Mister.E
24th May 2012, 07:26
I would be very suprised if the Belfast ever goes skywards again. As far as I am aware it has'nt flown since January 2009.