PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Medical /First time.

Final Destination
4th Dec 2000, 06:43
Hi everyone,This is my first time applying for my class 1 medical and the forms came through the door the other day and now I'm terrified.
This is because I am short sighted and I'm realyy worried about my eyesight.
My prescription is, Left eye:-3.50 ,cyl +0.25, axis 180 and right eye:-3.25, cyl DS , and if anyone can help me understand if I will pass the eyesight test on the medical that will be great.
I am 21 and i'm 5'7 and weigh about 9 stone

tunneler
4th Dec 2000, 14:31
Im sorta in the same boat - dont think im short sighted though.

First time application for a class 1 and I'm ****ting several council estates worth of bricks.........

Dont' worry mate - go to your optician and ask him/her (oooh equality) to give your eyes a quick check up, a lot cheaper than finding out on the day of your class 1 that you aint gonna get it and throw £400 down the pan.........

5'7 and 9 stone - good god you're tiny!! :) I'm 6ft and 13 stone of pure kebab meat! (well not quite kebab meat.......)

Don't stress out too much - remember that they take your blood pressure too!

BTW what day you going to see the pretty nurses????

Good luck

B

Shed Driver
4th Dec 2000, 15:22
Relax Final Destination! The limits are now
-5/+3 so you will cruise it!

The Boy Lard
4th Dec 2000, 20:21
Can anyone shed any light on the rulings/views on a high Body Mass Index?

TBL

------------------
Flying is fun, not funny

Final Destination
4th Dec 2000, 21:48
Thanks guys for the info.
Just one last question-do they take your BMI into consideration.
Cheers everyone FD.

VFE
5th Dec 2000, 03:48
Relax guys.
I had the class 1 last year and the hype and worry was all for nothing in the end. I passed, but it really is all very laid back and in no way an intimidating experience.
I know the end outcome is what the main worry is about and so do they - they take a little higher blood pressure into account as they know what it means to you!

Good luck, VFE.