PDA

View Full Version : Problem on Powerpoint

ArthurR
23rd May 2010, 08:24
Yesterday completed a powerpoint presentation (for myself) with background music. Everything OK on my lap-top, transfered to stick so I could put it on my PC,, when I tried to play it, the pictures worked fine, but no sound, both are running pp 2003 version. The only difference as I could see, is that my lap-top is Vista, and the PC XP Pro.
Anyone any Idea why this happened?

toolowtoofast
23rd May 2010, 08:44
speed-related issue? maybe the stick just couldn't cope with the demands of the MP3 file on top of the picture files?

FN-GM
23rd May 2010, 09:27
Hi,

I work in IT and we get this issue allot. When you insert the music from the file powerpoint just points itself to the file. If you move the powerpoint file without the music file it wont work. If you do move the music file with the powerpoint the path is different. When you run it on the new machine if you reinsert the file it will fix it.

treadigraph
23rd May 2010, 09:30
Did you copy the sound file across with the PowerPoint file and, if so, is it in the same relative location?

ArthurR
23rd May 2010, 09:52
Thanks for the replys,
toolowtoofast: had converted the MP3 to WAV.
FN-GM, treadigraph: that looks like the problem,
Another question now, If I send by e-mail, do I have too send the music file as well, "maybe a dumb question" Think I know what your answer will be, and it starts with a Y

I decided to teach myself powerpoint for something to do whilst away from home

Many Thanks

treadigraph
23rd May 2010, 10:00
Yep!

Also any video files. There is actually a "pack and go" option under the file menu which copies all the files you need to run a presentation into one place and ensures the psaths to run music, videos, etc, are correct - it also includes a copy of PowerPoint Player so the presentation can be run from a CD, etc, on a PC without PowerPoint.

Cheers

Treadders

Bo Nalls
23rd May 2010, 10:05
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/ha010348231033.aspx :O