View Full Version : renewing my indian ir

avalanche007
23rd May 2010, 06:53
hi
well i am planning to renew my multi ir
wat i have been said by the skool is that i just a need ir flight check
thats it
well is that all wat we need for dgca ??
and also for submission wat all documents is required

jus to add one more thing it has been 14 months from the date of my last flight

waiting for ur reply guys

thank you

aviator1989
23rd May 2010, 08:18
Conditions for renewal of IR are stipulated in para 3 of section –O of schedule-II of the aircraft rules-1937. Applicants for renewal of IR are required to undergo IR renewal test in any of the flying training institutes in India subject to compliance to the recency requirement as laid down in the operations circular 2 of 2004

OPERATIONS CIRCULARS (http://dgca.nic.in/rules/oper-ind.htm)

avalanche007
23rd May 2010, 08:25
thanks a lot buddy
but i already checked that
but most of the schools are stating that we dont need to do the skill test as just a fam flight of 1 hour with ir skill test of 1 hour will be fine enough

wat can u say on this
btw have u renewed ur ir

bombayhues
23rd May 2010, 10:01
buddy ... all you need is a flight (skill test) of at least 45 mins ... 2 non-precision approaches (1 VOR & 1 NDB) and 1 landing ... no fam flight is required ...

avalanche007
23rd May 2010, 11:14
even if my last flight was older than 12 months

spreading_wings
17th Jun 2010, 12:45
My initial IR was on Multi, I have renewed it on single engine (2 weeks past the expiry i.e. 12 months).

Did just a Fam flight (45 mins) and IFR skill test with 2 approaches, both by Day.

and.....My IR is renewed!

jimmygill
17th Jun 2010, 13:56
Congrats. did you get to fly the airplane?

shanx
17th Jun 2010, 14:07
spreading_wings,

Did just a Fam flight (45 mins) and IFR skill test with 2 approaches, both by Day.

and.....My IR is renewed!

One can renew his/her IR in India without having to spread one's wings ! ;)

avalanche007
17th Jun 2010, 14:21
hey i guess u did it from chimes????????

spreading_wings
18th Jun 2010, 01:49
@avalanche.... Nope..from Hyd!

And for all those thinking I have fixed this thing, Get a life! :} :P, I did it for real guys, not everything in India is manipulated! :=

jimmygill
18th Jun 2010, 04:20
not everything in India is manipulated!

So you did not? Then who manipulated the controls?

spreading_wings
19th Jun 2010, 03:06
:hmm:
clearly no1z interested in the topic of this thread per se :p .... unemployment is troubling everyone too mch!

Happy Landings!

avalanche007
19th Jun 2010, 04:03
hi can you tell me when was your last badal done that hp was that in last 12 months or did wnt exceeded that. and you got the date stamped on your cpl from dgca.

spreading_wings
19th Jun 2010, 18:02
I just cdnt understand exactly wt u wrote!:confused:

but lemme mention the stats...yes , my last flight was more than 12months back!

i just submitted the reqd documents to DGCA. They couriered it back with the endorsement in 15-20 days!

parikshit
14th Jul 2010, 09:08
hey guys can anyone plz let me know wether i need 2 get a NOC from dgca if i do my ir check in US. when i asked the guys thr they told me that i dont need 1 as my ir is till valid for 2 months.......but it dont trust them lolzzz

avalanche007
14th Jul 2010, 09:18
well since you have your indian cpl it will be really better that you get an noc from dgca
i recommend that before doing anything related to dgca after getting your indian cpl, its better you apply for an noc and get it done

cyrilroy21
22nd Nov 2010, 10:48
If i have an IR rating on the single and multi aircraft and the Multi expires...

Will renewing my single IR also renew my Multi IR ?

BradPitt
6th Dec 2010, 04:56
`If i have an IR rating on the single and multi aircraft and the Multi expires...

Will renewing my single IR also renew my Multi IR `

Negative. You will be issued Single IR only.:=
Nice try though

Vertigo911
7th Feb 2011, 09:32
I have a multi IR on the duchess and it expires in July this year, I don't have a single IR, but have a CPL on the PA28(Arrow). My question is, how to get my IR renewed on the Duchess in India, and if possible to get a single IR on the Arrow.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

cvchetan
7th Feb 2011, 13:29
The sad part is tht there is no dutchess in india.. so NO u cannot renew ir ir on dutchess in india.

as for PA28 - I m not sure if there is one in india.. if there is, then u can.

If u have a c-152, c-172 endorsed on ur lic - u can do it in india. if not, then u need to give technical specific ppr of the a/c, and then give IR test.

chetan

Vertigo911
7th Feb 2011, 14:16
Thank you for your reply. I seem to have no choice with the Multi IR renewal, unless I can do the IR test entirely on a Sim. I have read somewhere that the DGCA may allow the entire test or a part of it to be done on the Sim, do you know anything about that?

Also if nothing works out and I have to get a C-172 endorsement on my license, do I have to do the required skill tests on it, along with the cross country tests etc, to get it endorsed on the license or will just a TECH spec paper do, I fear this maybe a dumb question but forgive my ignorance.

Thank you so much for your time.

cvchetan
8th Feb 2011, 16:50
Tech specific, a couple of hrs for a/c familiarization and a 45 min IR check..

thts it..

phoenixrk
26th May 2011, 11:09
please tell me the requirements to get ir renewed after 12 months have passed but not 24 months
and what after 24 months.........????

KP19
21st Jun 2011, 10:08
My query is similiar to others here..I want to get my IR renewed. My IR was on multiengine..i know that i need to give a IR check to get it done..Firstly, can i do it on a single engine by just doing the skill test..Secondly, i can the skill test be done on a sim .Please help!:(

kush3370
23rd Jun 2011, 05:36
Hello Guys

i have some useful info to share and at the same time having a few queries as well.
i have a CPL Single and Multi, but the IR was only on Multi, and it was more than 30 months since i flown last, and i managed to renew my IR by doing the following flights in indore on cessna 172.

1) 45 mins of Fam Flight
2) 45 mins Skill test by day ( 3 T/O and LDGS)
3) 45 mins Skill test by night (3 T/O and LDGS)
4) 1 hour of IR check (2 Approaches and couple of other stuff).

now the queries, i have to submit the documents to DGCA
1) where do i send those. Mumbai or Delhi? (mind you its initial issue on C-172)
2) what do i send them, do i need to send CA-39? or is there any form i have to fill up? or its just the logbook, licenses and the documents given by club?

Cheers.