PDA

View Full Version : Medical CRD 2008 17-C Response?

HeathrowAirport
22nd May 2010, 16:00
Hello All,

I was wondering what Millennium EASA plan to release the CRD for the Medical FCL, 2008 17-C?

When I read the CAA EASA document, they said May 2010. However were coming up to the last week of may, when do they plan to release this?

Regards.

777-Aviator
22nd May 2010, 18:27
Hi all,

It's been a while since EASA has took over the crew licensing instead of JAA.
I'm just curious to know when are the new guidelines for issuance if medical certificates or any amendments to the current JAA guidelines will take effect? Any idea which areas will be reviewed?

Cheers.

HeathrowAirport
22nd May 2010, 19:21
Hello,

I asked the same question below in this sub-forum.

http://www.pprune.org/medical-health/415965-medical-crd-2008-17-c-response.html

According to the CAA, May 2010 and also on EASA's website it says May 2010.

However, http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/doc/NPA/NPA%202008-17c.pdf

The NPA Part-Medical received 2,376 comments from more than 450 commentators, including professional organisations, national aviation authorities, private companies and individuals. Work is ongoing on the Comment Response Document for Part-Medical, and it will be published in the near future.

(May 2010) - However I have not seen this about at all, rather annoyingly.

Regards,

777-Aviator
23rd May 2010, 19:38
Cheers HeathrowAirport,

Yeah, it's very annoying to keep waiting without any response. I believe many pilots will be pleased to know that such amendments will take place!

Safe landing to all :ok:

HeathrowAirport
27th May 2010, 08:45
It is, I bet they post it last minute.

Saying that, as I have signed up to the CRT website. I get emails as soon as they are published.

This morning one arrived, but it was not PART MED. It was about bloody paint.

"EASA makes the following recomendation herewithin, from April 2012, that airlines must use EASA certified Dulux paint from B&Q, along with Dulux Paint Pod Roller System. But cant be brought from B&Q direct must be an approved EASA B&Q - Costing at least 500% more!"

I am sorry If I offend anyone, but I think Medical is more Important than paint.

777-Aviator
27th May 2010, 09:02
Paint?!!!:ugh:

Anyway, I hope that you keep us updated whenever you get any info about the medical.

Thank you very much.

HeathrowAirport
27th May 2010, 20:40
I would think tomorrow or Monday is their last deadline, CAA document said May 2010!

Nobody seems to know a date.

David Roberts
30th May 2010, 17:03
Last I heard in Cologne last week was 'mid June'. Delay because of battle over LAPL medical probably.

HeathrowAirport
1st Jun 2010, 14:03
That's what I heard, so could probably be a few decades or so.

It's really annoying - that nobody can make their mind up. I wonder what country is not agreeing to the substandard medical. I would not have thought it was the CAA, because they have the NPPL (DVLA Medical)

Any guesses what Nation?

David Roberts
1st Jun 2010, 22:45
Not so much a nation, more a case of which group of doctors trying to protect income....
Also some NAAs still believe the risks of a 'lower' medical will bring the world to an end. UK CAA has always been onside on this one.

777-Aviator
2nd Jun 2010, 09:22
i know ophthalmology is a sore point at the moment, especially for the UK CAA.

Hi winforce,

Would you elaborate please?

Thank you.

ACIDO
23rd Jun 2010, 14:02
CRD of NPA-2008-17c is open for consultation on EASA website from today!