PDA

View Full Version : Skytrax winner

Bye Bye Baby
22nd May 2010, 06:30
Tony Tliar "Once again I'm pleased to announce that we have won the............. what we didn't, oh well, I would like to announce that we placed a very well earned second........., oh not that either. Oh well wait till the awards for satisfied Share Holder, Investor and Trust funds comes out, it is after all the only one that we really care about".
Service straight from your wallets.

Lowkoon
22nd May 2010, 11:49
But KA won best 'regional'... Makes you wonder if any other regionals bothered to put in a submission? Aircraft condition or cleanliness or inflight entertainment or catering obviously wasn't something Skytrax considered important for passengers. Let's call it a "Group" victory! :}

Now, who is our CEO this week? Afraid I can't keep up with that, but I bet he/she is chuffed! :ok:

SMOC
22nd May 2010, 12:38
Apparently the J (coffin) class seats are out and new seats will be introduced in December. How much did that blunder cost :ugh:

SloppyJoe
22nd May 2010, 14:28
I don't think the new J seats are the problem. If you read the pax reviews on the skytrax website, almost everyone hates the non reclining economy seats. What moron decided it was a good idea to have seats that have hard cushions and don't recline on flights that go over 15 hours, in fact anything other than regional and they are the worst seats I have ever sat in.

Ex Cathedra
23rd May 2010, 03:30
What moron decided it was a good idea to have seats that have hard cushions and don't recline on flights that go over 15 hours,

I believe it was the same Product Manager who came up with the new biz seats and got thanked shortly after everybody with half a brain realized they weren't really any good unless you wanted to sleep the whole time and mesured less than 5'5...

That's how a normal airlines does it:
1. Hire specialized company with expert designers and experience to come up with new seats.

That's how CX does it:
1. We're smater than everybody else so let's hire a cheapo designer to come up with new seats, we'll save a bundle...
2. Ask for feedback from everybody including employees on new seats
3. Feedback mostly negative. Employee told to shut up and like it.
4. Fire newly hired guy, because obviously, it's all HIS fault.
5. Hire specialized company with expert designers and experience to come up with new seats.

Result is the same, they just wasted millions more.

Here are the new seats, Which US airways is also getting, BTW...:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4906/dsc05976r.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4154/dsc05978z.jpg

Liam Gallagher
23rd May 2010, 11:07
"Fire newly hired guy, because obviously, it's all HIS fault"

eerr... looking at those seats for US airways, I think I know where he went!! US Airways is going to be stuffed when "GangstaRappa" 50 pence asks for his "pimpedup" seats back...... :)

geh065
23rd May 2010, 13:55
These seats are on show at an aircraft interiors expo. They are 'standard' from the manufacturer and airlines are expected to request changes such as colours, materials, patterns etc... It is just the basic shape and layout which the manufacturer is showing. These are not the exact seats CX will be getting.

Ex Cathedra
23rd May 2010, 15:41
These are not the exact seats CX will be getting.

True, those are the bog standard Sicma Aero seats.
To be Hello Kittied and Mickey Moused for CX... But no more coffins.

Though they're still liable to muck it up, given their track record.

crwjerk
24th May 2010, 01:58
Take a look at the cheapo Chinese made 'POKCET MASK" when you next do your Emergency procedures, or indeed, see one on the Aircraft...!!!

GlueBall
24th May 2010, 17:33
In some configurations you're altogether better off sleeping on three econ seats than in a business crib. :rolleyes: