PDA

View Full Version : DU bashing, rather than EY and EK bashing

Gulfstreamaviator
21st May 2010, 18:12
I normally use Etisalad, for my internet service, but have recently moved into a DU pre wired villa in Al Barsha.

There are 8 of us in the accomodation, and are having problems getting on line.

I have been told that DU limits the connection of 5 IP addresses for each domestic subscriber.

Is there a solution to this problem, perhaps a second connection, (not easy), a DU router.?, rather than my own router, or pay extras to have 10 IP addresses. ????

Any help would be appreciated.

glf

BobDole
22nd May 2010, 08:03
Why don't you just use your own router connected to the DU internet box... You can have as many IP addresses as your heart desires that way through your router. Plus you would get wifi in your villa this way.

DU would have no idea how many IP addresses you are serving up as they would only see the 1 IP address to your personal router.

Good luck......

Gulfstreamaviator
25th May 2010, 09:29
The very keen sales marketing persaon was very helpful, and pointed out that DU enable 6 sockets, not certain what that entails, but that would suggest 6 IP address as any one time is possible, plus the TV and phone services, both of which are IP services.

He also pointed out that the IP TV will not work if you have a WIFI router as the IP conflict will disable one or the other....

But back to my original problem, he know of no reason why there should be a limit of 5 users, unless it was a WIFI router constraint.

Also to have 6 enabled sockets the system would be too slow so we must take the next speed option.....

One hour later the "engineering" department called to dispute all that we and been told in the 45 mins in the sales and marketing office.
10 mis later another call from another "engineer" with another opinion.

So the leason is DONT ask DU techinal questions, unless you know the answer, and just want a laugh.

My last question was: is there a Etisalat counter in the Mall, so i can pay my mobile bill. "NO" this is Du country, no Etisalat allowed in Mall, not even a retail outlet.

WTF.

Glf

Gulfstreamaviator
25th May 2010, 11:51
I am out of the UAE this week, but will work on it next week.

thks

glf