PDA

View Full Version : Training in Portugal

davidibiza
21st May 2010, 07:10
Hi friends, I'm an spanish pilot holding a JAA CPL with 850 hrs. TT.
I got my ATPL theory in 2005 but unfortunely, since I did not have the means to pay an IFR rating before 2008 my ATPL expired and I have to do it again in order to get the IFR. :ugh:

Start studying again doesn't certainly makes me happy.... I have to do it though.. At least it will help me to refresh my knowledge :}.

I have to enlist in an school again and wait six months until I can do the 14 tests again. But what it really bothers me is that in Spain you have to wait 4 months between examinations in case you fail one or more test.

I understand that in Portugal the government is much more helpful in this matters.
I read in a newspaper that ATPL exams take place every month.

Is that information true? In that case i would consider move there for a few months and complete my training in Portugal.

Thank you in advanced.

David

ab33t
22nd May 2010, 16:47
I would also look at the fiances and ensure that you have the money to do the IR at the end of it and then to renew that IR every year. It may be an idea to wait for things to turn . Unless you have a job lined up . I have several friends that have either let their exams laps or the IR

HryUpNWait
31st May 2010, 23:42
yes this is true...the portuguese CAA holds their exams roughly every 2 1/2 months in lisbon and almost all schools in portugal will allow for modular training. i recommend AAE or OMNI but htat choice is yours. cheers.

davidibiza
1st Jun 2010, 13:38
Thanks a lot...