PDA

View Full Version : Notebook replacement battery ??

diesel addict
20th May 2010, 16:45
Hi

I have an Acer Aspire One - nice little thing - and I would like to carry a spare battery.

Google was not helpful, at least, I found a lot of sites containing dubious spelling and grammar .

As a paid up cynical old f**t this made me not a little suspicious !

Providing it does not breach any rules re. advertising, can any kind soul point me to a U.K. based supplier with perhaps a modicum of reputation ??

Many thanks

rgbrock1
20th May 2010, 16:51
Which model is it exactly? For example: i also have an Acer Aspire laptop but it is a AS7736Z-4088. You'll need that model designation to find the appropriate battery.

diesel addict
20th May 2010, 17:00
rgbrock1

Acer Aspire One
Model A0751h - 52BGk
Battery UM09B31 (10.8v 4400mAH)

Google returned several hits, I am just trying to sort out a reliable supplier.

Regards DA

rgbrock1
20th May 2010, 17:05
Diesel:

Try here:

Laptop Batteries & AC Adapters / Chargers, Buy Dell, Sony, Apple, IBM, HP / Compaq, Toshiba, Acer & Gateway Laptop Battery & AC Adapter for Less (http://www.batteryedge.com/category_s/1279.htm?gclid=CI_NiPmY4aECFch_5QodA3YOIQ)

I've personally bought batteries, both replacement and spare, from this vendor and they're very good. Don't know about shipping charges to the UK though!

rambletamble
29th May 2010, 00:59
I know what you mean about some of the websites selling laptop batteries. You just know that if you have any trouble with the battery, getting service or a replacement could be really difficult.

I recently went through over a dozen pages of google results, making notes on all the sites and prices, and there was only one that looked really good and reputable to me, which is Australian and not much use to you, as they don't appear to deliver overseas. And, it was no dearer than the others too!

A lot of those websites are apparently owned by the same people, or else they've copied the whole site from each other. With laptop batteries, just keep going through the results. The dodgy sites seem to spend more time optimising their google position than they do on good service!

diesel addict
29th May 2010, 16:34
Hello rambletamble

You echo my sentiments, and suspicions !!

I eventually got my battery from (believe it or not ) from Acer themselves.

A bit more web-trawling found their internet shop, and although not cheap " tiz the proper job "

I was pleasantly surprised, as over the last thirty years my efforts to obtain spares or accesories for personal computing items have been totally unsuccessful !!!!!!!

Regards

DA

Capetonian
29th May 2010, 16:47
Merchant information
王 喜田
order (at) sales-batteries.co.uk

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Asus a33-z96 Battery
Item no: sales-batteries.co.uk5100
£44.28 GBP 1 £44.28 GBP

Postage: £10.00 GBP
Compensation: ----
Total: £54.28 GBP

Cheap Laptop Battery, Laptop Batteries Replacement (http://sales-batteries.co.uk/)

I used these people recently and was happy with them, despite being dubious at first as they don't list any phone numbers ontheir site and appear to be based in HKG or SIN.

The battery arrived within the timeframe specified and is still working well after about two months of more or less daily use. It's a bit of a minefield out there!

frostbite
29th May 2010, 16:48
These folk are always worth a look when you're after batteries/memory/photo gear. 7dayshop.com - Online shopping made easy ! (http://www.7dayshop.com)

Been buying from them for years.

Rwy in Sight
29th May 2010, 16:54
I have a computer-shop label MSI netbook and the price different between the various dedicated sites and the store where I bought the netbook is minimal to no-existent if included the points I accumulate on my VISA.

Rwy in Sight