PDA

View Full Version : Current Job market for trainee pilots who just completed their flying schools

Alexz1988
20th May 2010, 14:22
Hey there all,

I`m rather sure that what I`m faced with at the moment, must be the case for others as well.
The present sittuation i`m in right now goes something like this.

I`ve completed all my training starting from scratch all the way up to ATPL(A) frozen theory along with all the written exams + MCC (A) course all in one big integral course at a JAA aprooved school.After the complete program I`ve got a few over 200 flying hrs this including some 40 hrs on a FNPT II simulator type and a national but JAA aprooved CPL+ATPL Frozen licence to show for it.
For this achievement,I`ve spent more then 45.000 euros plus a little over 2 years of my life.

All of this being completed on the 1 of May 2010 so that`s almost a month now.

My question to who was kind enough to take a few minutes of their time to read this thread ;) is, "Where can I hope to find a job,or at least how can I raise some more flying time without having to pay for it"

I`ve been searching the internet theese past 20 days and the most helpfull tool I`ve found so far was a (deleted by Mod) website,who provided me with usefull leads to follow.
The only problem is that most if not all of the companies demand a great ammount of experience even for the only position i can hope so which is flying as an F/O :rolleyes:.The thing is that given the current market there might be many pilots with real experience all over the place trying to migratte from one company to another,but even so...what happens with us rookies that just finish our flying school and hold no real flight experience as demanded by the companies :ugh:.As of now i`m even willing to pay for my own type rating but even so there are only a hand full of company willing to take you in even if u manage to cover the training cost of the rating.

If anyone has any ideeas/oppinions or knows about some companies that might hire people with the limited experience you gain from school...Please please take the time and post something :ok::ok::ok:

flyhighspeed300
20th May 2010, 21:17
I passed 2 and a half years.

I am still waiting? I pay to fly once a month myself. I have been keeping current. I have been willing to pay for my type rating or any other rating needed and work for free. still i have not found anywhere willing to take me on as a pilot. A type rating will not solve the problem, but just spend more of your money.

we are looking at an estimate of 3000 + new pilots waiting for there first flying job as well.

I suggest Job wise, see the job centre or Tesco if you can get one.

if you say you have the money then i will suggest

Key Lime Air - Colorado's #1 Air Charter Service (http://www.keylimeair.com/Rates.asp)

I would do 500hours but it will take some time. Not sure if you need an FAA Licence but you could always convert your licence. Then get a type rating with line training if you have the money.

so that £23K doing 500hrs and a estimate of a year and a half. living cost of an estimate of £7-£10K. + type rating with line training £40K

so the cost is £70K and maybe +

flyhelico
23rd May 2010, 13:29
part 135 ops and SINGLE pilot plane like the Metro for fedex, ups,...
still they sale SIC time which wont be recognized in europe:yuk:
SIC time is for insurances requirement when they transport passenger(they ask for 2 pilots to minimise insurance costs). under cargo, usually these 135 companies dont need a copilot as no soul on board.

they just try to make money from you, and they lie:oh:...

waste of money +waste of time= stay away of key lime!!!