PDA

View Full Version : You may live wherever you like says Emirates

Bredrin
20th May 2010, 10:12
Take a look at these articles from Aviation Business;

Emirates not to follow Etihad style housing policy | ArabianSupplyChain.com (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-4179-emirates-not-to-follow-etihad-style-housing-policy/)

Etihad wants all staff to live in Abu Dhabi | ArabianSupplyChain.com (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-4149-etihad-wants-all-staff-to-live-in-abu-dhabi/)

NG_Kaptain
20th May 2010, 12:09
An attempt by EK to recruit disgruntled EY pilots.

Chandler Bing
20th May 2010, 12:48
Abu Dhabi Tourism authority doesn't force its people to relocate in AD emirate.
Government entities don't support Abu Dhabi real estate effort, but Etihad does.....
Just a way to p:mad:s people off and to show power.... What je:mad:ks....
Maybe Management could grow a pair and a brain and focus on things that really matter, flight safety for instance.....??

High 6
21st May 2010, 08:00
Does that mean the long awaited commuting roster could become a reality soon? .... Only if you commute from Hatta methinks!

ireport
21st May 2010, 09:54
Then again......who in their right mind would want to live in Abu Dhabi and commute to Dubai!

KRUGERFLAP
21st May 2010, 20:47
As far as i know,Emirates shaft the housing allowance a long time ago. Now for new hires the only option is Company Accomodation.

BigGeordie
22nd May 2010, 06:16
Not strictly true Kruger, they still let you move out if you are buying somewhere but you are not allowed to move out and rent somewhere. Still, unless you have a 25-30% deposit and are prepared to take a chance on the Dubai housing market you are stuck with whatever the company decide to give you.

EK-or-bust
23rd May 2010, 08:15
Hi BigG
Update May 15th from the Accom Dep't:
- if you live in an EK villa, you can now take the allowance (AED 14,000+ for CA) and RENT or BUY. Maybe time to take that step: 3-4 bed villas near the beach in Jumeirah for AED 140K upwards - sure beats DSO & beyond.

- if you live in an EK apartment, you can only take your allowance to BUY.
Go figure & keep covering

BigGeordie
23rd May 2010, 12:08
I stand corrected, and thank you for the update. I'm still struggling with the logic of being able to rent if you are in an EK villa but having to buy if you are in an apartment? Even by Dubai standards that is bizarre.:confused:

With some excellent rental prices around now, as you say, I can't see why anybody would want to stay in company housing.